Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #106
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Fixed: In 2.3.x, sometimes a page forward would take a while, and then would jump forward 2-3 pages, taking a couple of seconds to build the screen and doing so in sections.

This looks like it is no longer happening.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #107
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What I mean was it was raided raised by the testers to ZERO response. Some testers felt it was correct in that a Title sort should be a straight title sort, while others (like myself) felt that the way it worked with the Series info. was correct.

Last edited by PeterT; 02-16-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Typo!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #108
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What I mean was it was raided by the testers to ZERO response. Some testers felt it was correct in that a Title sort should be a straight title sort, while others (like myself) felt that the way it worked with the Series info. was correct.
Raided?
Old 02-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #109
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

RAISED not raided
Old 02-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #110
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
As for myself, I've always been of the feeling that doing Title sort the way 2.3.x does it is a bug, not a feature. Title sort should be the title of the book, imho... nice and simple. I suspect though that this is an area where there is a good possibility of a lot of disagreement.

Now, I'd be in full favour of having the books in an Author sort sub-sorted by series. I'd also appreciate the ability to select a Series sort from the main menu.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #111
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Hmm, I can't seem to find the wrench icon. Just to be clear, this is in the Kobo Desktop, on the Library tab, with the Books option selected, at the bottom right of the window? Nope, nothing there! Yes I'm running 3.2.0 of the Kobo Desktop.

Attached image shows what I see.
I think the reference was to the wrench icon on the Kobo ereader library view and not the desktop application library view.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #112
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I think the reference was to the wrench icon on the Kobo ereader library view and not the desktop application library view.

Regards,
David
Oh, so it's actually a feature of the 2.4.0 Kobo firmware rather than the 3.2.0 Desktop software?
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #113
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Nevermind... Emily Latella, 1975

Gotta stop loading multiple threads to read/ reply to...

Last edited by TechniSol; 02-16-2013 at 09:17 PM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #114
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post

Thanks for confirming that. Seems a bit strange that the desktop software would tell me about a new feature that isn't usable from within the desktop software, and for a version of the Kobo firmware that I'm not running!

I'll just wait for the 2.4.0 firmware to become available on my Kobo.

Eh? What happened there? I'm sure TechniSol replied to me saying that the new Archive function was part of the 2.4.0 firmware, but then his reply changed...

Last edited by moffattm; 02-16-2013 at 09:28 PM.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #115
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post

That's Miss Emily Latella...
Old 02-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #116
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
As for myself, I've always been of the feeling that doing Title sort the way 2.3.x does it is a bug, not a feature. Title sort should be the title of the book, imho... nice and simple. I suspect though that this is an area where there is a good possibility of a lot of disagreement.

Now, I'd be in full favour of having the books in an Author sort sub-sorted by series. I'd also appreciate the ability to select a Series sort from the main menu.
The problem with sorting by Author/Series is that some series have multiple authors.

There should be at least four sorts: Title, Series/SeriesNumber, Author, and Author/Series/SeriesNumber

Series Title may replace SeriesNumber above.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #117
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Guess for the time being it's back to either my full plugboard OR a modified one of just the series index before the title (and rely on shelf I make by series) ; and yet another darned reload.

I really get tired of this.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #118
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Just curious, did Kobo remove the wishlist/store/reccomendations and other advertising material, or allow it to be hidden yet? I am not downgrading my firmware until they do.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
Just curious, did Kobo remove the wishlist/store/reccomendations and other advertising material, or allow it to be hidden yet? I am not downgrading my firmware until they do.
No and I don't expect they ever will. The current firmware has two links on the home page. One is to their bookstore, the other is the wishlist across the bottom. Personally, I don't find this intrusive.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:16 AM   #120
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Moffattm,

We control the vertical, we control the horizontal... really.

I realized someone else had beaten me to it and did a quick edit.

Murg,

At least it wasn't that Rosanna Rosannadana chick....

Last edited by TechniSol; 02-17-2013 at 02:34 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote