Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-31-2008, 02:21 AM   #16
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i came to this board expecting to get a sony - or just maybe a kindle. my cybook is now on the way. i like the idea of mobipocket because the drm versions can be read on things other than the cybook - so if something goes wrong, you can still read your library. i spent some time checking converting various documents to sony and mobipocket formats - both was very easy. so i spent time checking various ebook stores, and the sony store didn't blow me away. i did, however, find lots of books that interested me in mobipocket formats at both fictionwise and booksonboard
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #17
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
The Hanlin V3 supports .zip & .rar, btw. Also it supports user fonts (very important to me) and generally I think the developers are very active and it seems like they want to add support for as many formats as possible... Anyway, .fb2 is what I prefer, because the reader it uses for them (coolreader).

DRM support only for .wol (WOLF) files that is pretty much useless.

I don't think that is available in USA, though you can either order it directly or from a european reseller (though for Americans that isn't the most affordable due to USD/euro exchange rate).
iterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:27 PM   #18
Abraxus
Abraxus began at the beginning.

Device: x50v (and soon a Cybook)
Well, I took the plunge and ordered a Cybook today:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24575

Thanks for all your help here, and I'll be giving feedback on the unit once I get it!
Abraxus is offline   Reply With Quote