Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
jdh
Enthusiast
jdh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle3, Voyage
output filename format

How can I change the output filename format from "title - author" to "author - title"? I know how to change the input filename format for metadata detection, but can't figure out how to change the output filename.
jdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I do believe that's not possible at the moment.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
jdh
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. I will try to do this external to Calibre with a file renaming utility.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh View Post
Thanks for the reply. I will try to do this external to Calibre with a file renaming utility.
which utility do you use for this?
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
Use the save to disk option (just click on the button) and it will change the format to author-title. At least it does on 0.6.3.

I started with : The Pilgrim's Progress - John Bunyan.lrf

and got: Bunyan, John - The Pilgrim's Progress_1363.lrf

You might want to delete those numbers but it isn't necessary.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #6
jdh
Enthusiast

I will try the "save to disk" option, but meanwhile I was able to rename the files using Flexible Renamer v8.0 (http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA014...lish/FlexRena/). This utility accepts regular expressions, which can be tricky to figure out, but are quite powerful.

I used this search expression,
(.+)\s-\s(.+)\.epub

and this replace expression,
\2 - \1.epub

The seach expression tags the filename string preceding " - " as \1, and the string between " - " and ".epub" as \2. The replacement expression just reverses the order.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
jdh
Enthusiast

The Calibre "Save to disk" button has several options, and the different options use different filename formats. "Save only EPUB format to disk" uses a "title - author" filename format, but "Save to disk in a single directory" uses a "author - title" filename format. I was not previously aware of this different behavior and used the "Save only EPUB format to disk" option by mistake.