Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
I was told ya can use itunes to get audio books, so how do ya add the books to the K?

Just drag and drop?
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You should be able to drag and drop the books into the "Audible" folder.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 12:42 AM   #3
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm I just tried that with Dan Simmon's "The Drood" and its not showing up in the list. Is there a special list for audio books?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Hmm I just tried that with Dan Simmon's "The Drood" and its not showing up in the list. Is there a special list for audio books?
Is your home page sorted to show "all my items"? Is the extension on the Audiobook either .AA or .mp3? Is it an Audible.com com book sold through iTunes?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:49 AM   #5
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

its a book through itunes, no idea if its audio.com or not. Ive tried dragging the folder, Ive tried dragging the individual files of the book, and none of it makes it show up on the kindle. Im thinking that its a false rumor that books ya buy on itunes work on the kindle.

Last edited by Dragoro; 04-14-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 12:51 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I just found it and it is from Audible.com, so it should work. Did you check your home page sort?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #7
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

What would I sort by? Ive tried most recent, and by author. The only thing that shows up is the book version I have. The audio book version is no where to be found.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:02 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I wonder if you have to register your Kindle. I was able to drag and drop from iTunes to my Kindle and have the audiobook show on my home page. I didn't buy it the audiobook from the iTunes store, I bought directly from Audible because I'm a subscriber.

I did run into one issue, I have to download a different version of the file for it to play on my Kindle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-5641.gif
Views:	470
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	27553   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-5642.gif
Views:	494
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	27554  
Old 04-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #9
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

My kindle is registered, already used it to buy a ton of books from amazon using the kindle. It also says Im registered on my settings screen.

Thanks for showing me that pic, ya might wanna get rid of it, it shows your email address, less that doesnt matter.

I dont even get it to show up in my list, just the book version I already owned.

Last edited by Dragoro; 04-14-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:08 AM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

From the iTunes help file:

Quote:
To see where a file was purchased, select it, choose File > Get Info, and then look in the Kind field. Files purchased from the iTunes Store end in “.m4b.” Files purchased from the Audible website end in “.aa” or “.aax.”
To see who downloaded an Audible file, select it in the library and choose File > Get Info. The Purchased By or Owner field shows the user name for the account holder who downloaded the file.
Looks like the iTunes versions are a different format.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
My kindle is registered, already used it to buy a ton of books from amazon using the kindle. It also says Im registered on my settings screen.

Thanks for showing me that pic, ya might wanna get rid of it, it shows your email address, less that doesnt matter.
I'm sorry I didn't mean registered with Amazon. I meant with either iTunes or Audible (though I don't think that's the case now).

I'm still looking around for a solution.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:10 AM   #12
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

sigh is a pain, if its even possible. Maybe im just better off using ipod to play the books.

Last edited by Dragoro; 04-14-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 AM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

No, I don't think you have to register it with apple. After a little googling, it look like the .m4b format is an iTunes DRMed format not meant to work with the Kindle. You'll either have to find a file converter online or burn the audiobook to CD and rip to .mp3 to play it on your Kindle.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:23 AM   #14
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

Its not possible to convert them I dont think, they are protected files (drm crap)
Old 04-14-2009, 01:31 AM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Can you get a refund and then buy it directly from Audible.com? It's $18.89 on Audible and $19.95 on iTunes.