Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
longhorngal
longhorngal began at the beginning.

Device: eReader 505
Red face downloading cd's

Hello!
I received the Sony eReader 505 for Christmas, and have been pretty frustrated thus far! I'm not totally computer illiterate, but I can't seem to download music from a cd. Can someone give me some instruction on how to do this? Or should I just delete what is in there and save the memory for books? I can always put my ipod on, which does not sound like a bad idea now. But, I wanted to learn about my new toy.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Longhorngal
longhorngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Well I know if you have iTunes running, when you put a music CD in the drive it'll automatically read it and prompt you if you want to transfer it to iTunes.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'd recommend keeping the Sony Reader for ebooks and the iPod for music and podcasts.

Using the music player built into the Sony Reader will drain the battery much more quickly than just reading books. Also, a single 3 minute music track takes up as much memory as a long novel.

But if you want to do it anyway, the first thing to do is to "rip" the CD - that is, get your computer to read it in and convert to AAC (or MP3) format. As you have an iPod, presumably you also have iTunes installed. iTunes will convert the tracks on your CD to AAC files, and you can then copy them to the appropriate folder on your Sony Reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorngal View Post
Hello!
I received the Sony eReader 505 for Christmas, and have been pretty frustrated thus far! I'm not totally computer illiterate, but I can't seem to download music from a cd. Can someone give me some instruction on how to do this? Or should I just delete what is in there and save the memory for books? I can always put my ipod on, which does not sound like a bad idea now. But, I wanted to learn about my new toy.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Longhorngal
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote