Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #46
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
I follow the whole instructions. Seems to be working fine. Lost hibernation option though
After reset my dingo doowngrade completed. And hibernate option is absent already from dingo power menu. Also I was surprised that no setup wizard started after downgrade finished. Not that I miss it.

UPDATE: after upgrading from dingo to ermine 1.01.002 the hibernate option is back. Have not applied allmine yet

Last edited by vldmr; 10-06-2011 at 12:32 PM.
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #47
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
vicinc do you still have the serial sticker on the spine of the edge? just use that number (put an extra 0 between 8th and 9th digit tho for the market trick as ktwombley mentioned)

fwiw my sku is 100-9500011-blk altho I don't know offhand if that goes in the same database as the serial, or what.
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #48
ktwombley
Connoisseur
ktwombley began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
what if I do not have a serial number. mine showing bad sku bad serial?
your SN should be printed on the spine of your PE. When you say it shows bad sku bad serial, where is it showing that? In android's settings?

I believe it gets the SKU from the hardware in the same way it does the serial. I could do the same thing and release a new framework.jar to fix that for you too.
ktwombley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #49
tarvoke
Dog Dentist

btw hibernation options came back after the changes (EDIT: I mean the changes to ro.product.* as mentioned by vldmr -- but the fingerprint can safely be left alone as mahimahi-etc. /EDIT) in build.prop from mahimahi/passion/htc to edgejr/esi/unknown

Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=FRG83
ro.build.display.id=ERMINE-0.9
ro.build.version.incremental=1353
ro.build.version.sdk=8
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.2.1
ro.build.date=Tue Mar 29 14:09:08 EDT 2011
ro.build.date.utc=1301422148
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=buildmaster
ro.build.host=zeke
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=edgejr
ro.product.brand=esi
ro.product.name=edgejr
ro.product.device=edgejr
ro.product.board=
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=edgejr
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=edgejr-user 0.9 ERMINE 1353 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=VirginMobile/LGE/thunderc/thunderc:2.2.1/FRG83/eng.lge.20101213.204043:user/release-keys
# end build properties

#
# system.prop for edgejr
#

rild.libpath = /system/lib/libreference-ril.so
ro.telephony.default_network = 0
ro.sf.hwrotation=270

dalvik.vm.heapsize=128M
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
media.stagefright.enable-player=true
media.stagefright.enable-meta=true
media.stagefright.enable-scan=true
media.stagefright.enable-http=true
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=90
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60
(not sure if it's bad that eng.lge.20101213.204043 doesn't match 1353, but it hasn't seemed to cause any problems so far...)

Last edited by tarvoke; 10-06-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #50
ktwombley
Connoisseur
ktwombley began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Does market work with that build.prop?

I can't remember exactly since it was one of the first things I did, but I think I had to change the cell provider to Google to get market to work. IIRC when it was Verizon (copied from my Droid) it failed with a provisioning error).
ktwombley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #51
tarvoke
Dog Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktwombley View Post
Does market work with that build.prop?

I can't remember exactly since it was one of the first things I did, but I think I had to change the cell provider to Google to get market to work. IIRC when it was Verizon (copied from my Droid) it failed with a provisioning error).
yep, market, talk, gmail, voice, contacts all work just fine. this is basically the same one that worked for me before (but now using the one above with some of your additions still there obviously) - although that was with titanium backups of gapps from my actual phone.

mostly I was hoping the slightly newer build and phone fingerprint might make it show more in the market, although it's hard to tell. the mahimahi fingerprint also worked fine. as vldmr showed, it seems to be the product.* settings that the PE itself apparently relies on for whatever reason.

Last edited by tarvoke; 10-06-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #52
tarvoke
Dog Dentist

oh one thing I did after ermine 1.01 (but before finding out about the allmine update), was put in a fake mobile broadband network to see if that would do anything. not sure if that has anything to do with everything working for me with that ro.product.brand=esi or not... but figured I should mention just in case.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #53
bobthesane
bobthesane began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Quote:
Run this to change your library's SN:

Code:
su
sqlite3 /intstorage/.edge/.esi-data/.databases/library.db "update esimeta set device='SERIAL_NUMBER_GOES_HERE'"
Get the serial number from your device settings. It should be 14 digits after applying the Allmine update.
Sadly, I have done this to no avail. It's not that big a deal honestly, I am happy as hell I have a working market AND your update fixed my ability to have multiple gmail accounts as well. It is just one of those little things that makes it >< to be perfect
bobthesane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #54
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
I'm trying to restore the library from a backup I made before installin allmine and it tells me that this is a different device

WOuld this fix the problem?

Quote:
Run this to change your library's SN:

Code:
su
sqlite3 /intstorage/.edge/.esi-data/.databases/library.db "update esimeta set device='SERIAL_NUMBER_GOES_HERE'"
Get the serial number from your device settings. It should be 14 digits after applying the Allmine update.
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #55
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvoke View Post
it seems to be the product.* settings that the PE itself apparently relies on for whatever reason.
OK, after fresh install of allmine i changed just single line in build.props, that returned PE to normal state (keyboard, trackpad, camera). So it seems all that it cares about is to have this:

ro.product.device=edgejr

The rest is mahimahi.

Oh, I actually also commented out this:

#ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi-v7a

I believe I've read somewhere before that cpu on edge is older version of arm (v5). Not sure that would needed, but might help applications install correct versions of libraries

Last edited by vldmr; 10-06-2011 at 02:09 PM.
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #56
bobthesane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthesane View Post
Sadly, I have done this to no avail. It's not that big a deal honestly, I am happy as hell I have a working market AND your update fixed my ability to have multiple gmail accounts as well. It is just one of those little things that makes it >< to be perfect
Scratch that last. Got it working.

I forgot that I had moved my library to my sdcard. So the statement for me needed to replace /instorage with /sdcard, all other paths the same. Works for me now!

Now to fix my hibernate
Old 10-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #57
tarvoke
Dog Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vldmr View Post

I believe I've read somewhere before that cpu on edge is older version of arm (v5). Not sure that would needed, but might help applications install correct versions of libraries
yeah I wondered about that too - thought it might allow e.g. installing later flash versions but that doesn't mean they'd actually run. probably better to comment it out...
Old 10-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #58
bobthesane

Quote:
Originally Posted by vldmr View Post
OK, after fresh install of allmine i changed just single line in build.props, that returned PE to normal state (keyboard, trackpad, camera). So it seems all that it cares about is to have this:

ro.product.device=edgejr

The rest is mahimahi.

this has fixed my hibernate.

My PE is now damned near perfect! WOOT!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #59
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
I originally had moved the library to the sdcard. Now that I installed allimine I would like to get my library back. I also have a backup file (.esi) which I haven't been able to install.

Is it possible to make PE look for the library in the sdcard without loosing all the info in the sd card?
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #60
bobthesane

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
I originally had moved the library to the sdcard. Now that I installed allimine I would like to get my library back. I also have a backup file (.esi) which I haven't been able to install.

Is it possible to make PE look for the library in the sdcard without loosing all the info in the sd card?
Well, yeah. Just open library, go to books, drop down menu to storage, go to the directory on your sdcard with your books, and add them to the library. it doesn't overwrite anything