Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

Device: 800sg
is it possible to load “Android Market" or google application on PE Ermine version?

try a lot of methods to download different version of market, no working.

Now I load the "GoogleServicesFramework.apk" into PE, and found that in the Setting->Account, you have option to add gmail account info, but it always shows up the connection is failed. any ideas about this?
tigerszheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #2
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Yeah, I researched it. Here's what I found and saved in a text file. Can't remember where I found it originally though. I also haven't tried it, although I plan to in the next week or so.

How To: Get the Android Market on your eDGe

First, thanks to brianb5010 for coming up with a variant of this procedure.

Before you get started, you need the following things:

1. A rooted Android phone/tablet with 2.2 (or maybe higher) with the Android Market;

2. A copy of Titanium Backup installed on your phone/tablet.

Basically, this is what you do:

1. Start by rooting your eDGe. You can use several different procedures, but the easiest is probably just to download z4root from the Amazon Appstore. Make sure to select the "Permanent Root" option.

2. Next, install Titanium Backup and Root Explorer on your eDGe.

Root Explorer is in the Appstore, and you can get Titanium Backup here: http://matrixrewriter.com/android/

3. Open Titanium Backup. On your phone, you want to make backups of the following applications:

Calendar Sync Adapter
Contacts Sync Adapter
Gmail
Google Partner Setup
Google Services Framework
Market
Market Updater
Talk
YouTube

And, of course, anything else you want to install. This is extremely important: WHEN YOU BACKUP THE FILES, MAKE SURE THAT YOU CHOOSE THE APP + DATA OPTION.

4. Next, you need to move these backup files from the Titanium Backup folder on your phone (which is usually stored in your sdcard) to the Titanium Backup folder on your eDGe.

5. On your eDGE, go into Titanium Backup. Then, you want to restore the gapps, which should be crossed out at the bottom of the screen (alternatively, if you've already been messing around with the gapps, you can just restore them on top of the old versions). When you restore, make sure to include BOTH the application AND the data. Moving the data from your phone to your eDGe is an essential part of this process.

6. Finally, you need to do a little text editing. On your eDGe, go into the root explorer and navigate to the system folder. Press "mount r/w" on the top of the screen. Press and hold on the "build.prop" file. Then, select "open in text editor." Find the line that says "ro.build.fingerprint." You want to change it to the following:

"ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys"

7. Reboot your machine.

8. Go into the Market and setup your Google account.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this without another Android device. I've tried installing by just sideloading the gapps, but moving over the data seems like a crucial step. I'm considering sending out my Titanium Backup files, but I'm a little nervous about my name/password information being included in the data.

Hope this helps some people out!

process also mentioned here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1057206&page=7
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
lol thats timing, I have been working on this for awhile now (while waiting for the forums to back up), and I will hopefully be releasing a method of doing this without another android handset today or tomorrow at the latest.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
great. I'm looking forward for this
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
lol thats timing, I have been working on this for awhile now (while waiting for the forums to back up), and I will hopefully be releasing a method of doing this without another android handset today or tomorrow at the latest.
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
great. I'm looking forward for this
DONE! check out my guide on these forums, it should have everything you need, if you need any help just ask!
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

Yeah thanks! I always like to see what others have done.

You can always tell the pioneers because they're the ones with arrows sticking out of them!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
You can always tell the pioneers because they're the ones with arrows sticking out of them!
lol? Does this mean I'm going to die?
Old 05-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

Not necessarily. Pioneers tend to be tough.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
woodnboats
woodnboats began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Thanks a heap, emusan. I just rooted and installed Market on my PE, and all seemed to go well. I haven't gotten Google Talk to sign in properly, but I think it might have to do with user names and passwords (I get sooo confused!).

I'm pretty sure I'm signed in to my Market account properly, since my paid apps show up, but no luck downloading them either. Supposedly I should be able to download them to up to six devices, and the PE is only number two. PE doesn't show up on my device list when I go to the Market on my PC, either. I'll have to mess around a bit.

And don't pay any attention to what that jerk on the "new" forum says. You were right, he was and is wrong, and will probably soon be gone.

Kirk
woodnboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #10
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnboats View Post
Thanks a heap, emusan. I just rooted and installed Market on my PE, and all seemed to go well. I haven't gotten Google Talk to sign in properly, but I think it might have to do with user names and passwords (I get sooo confused!).

I'm pretty sure I'm signed in to my Market account properly, since my paid apps show up, but no luck downloading them either. Supposedly I should be able to download them to up to six devices, and the PE is only number two. PE doesn't show up on my device list when I go to the Market on my PC, either. I'll have to mess around a bit.

And don't pay any attention to what that jerk on the "new" forum says. You were right, he was and is wrong, and will probably soon be gone.

Kirk
yeah, I'm working on the market and talk issue right now, I should have a new set of backups before tomorrow(at the latest by morning tomorrow EST). Sorry for the mess lol.

Oh and I don't mind edgehacker much anymore, his posts on his board are a bit funny in fact, but now one of them is posting strange images(of a turkey, your guess is as good as mine on that lol) on the official forum and is threatening a DDOS of my website because I backed up the official forums.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #11
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

thanks a lot.

Install according instruction and download the zip file from "emusan" since my galaxy i9000 have upgrade to 2.3 and the packages extracted is no working.

can add google account inside as before, but this time is successful added.

gmail works fine but can not synchronized with gmail well( I delete one email in pe gmail, but it doesn't disappear from gmail account in other place)

market can goes up but can't download anything.

contact can't synchronize with google account /

Talk can't login but voice works( I install from other source).

doesn't try calendar since I doesn't reply on it, but it seems work because there's no error sign when synchronization.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #12
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerszheng View Post
thanks a lot.

Install according instruction and download the zip file from "emusan" since my galaxy i9000 have upgrade to 2.3 and the packages extracted is no working.

can add google account inside as before, but this time is successful added.

gmail works fine but can not synchronized with gmail well( I delete one email in pe gmail, but it doesn't disappear from gmail account in other place)

market can goes up but can't download anything.

contact can't synchronize with google account /

Talk can't login but voice works( I install from other source).

doesn't try calendar since I doesn't reply on it, but it seems work because there's no error sign when synchronization.
yes, these are the same problems others(including myself) have had, I'm currently working on a fix that will be out by tomorrow at the latest. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #13
tigerszheng
Enthusiast

that's great.

Thanks.

Hope it will work then it will be great bonus.