Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #106
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Thanks for the help JimmXinu: Moon+ Reader's dev got in touch this morning and confirmed that the issue was on his end-- Moon Reader only scans and finds the first TOC, and a fix is forthcoming in the next version update. I just have to be patient in the meantime. (Too many anthologies to convert epub to epub, alas!)
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #107
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefiriot View Post
Thanks for the help JimmXinu: Moon+ Reader's dev got in touch this morning and confirmed that the issue was on his end-- Moon Reader only scans and finds the first TOC, and a fix is forthcoming in the next version update. I just have to be patient in the meantime. (Too many anthologies to convert epub to epub, alas!)
FBReader does the same thing. I may just convert them. Flatten TOC doesn't work.
thecookiemommma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:05 AM   #108
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecookiemommma View Post
FBReader does the same thing. I may just convert them. Flatten TOC doesn't work.
Did you try the Edit TOC feature of calibre? I bet using one of the generate options will create a nice TOC that Moon+ and others can work with.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:12 AM   #109
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Did you try the Edit TOC feature of calibre? I bet using one of the generate options will create a nice TOC that Moon+ and others can work with.
Perhaps I'm too new, but where is this Edit TOC feature in calibre? I have the modify ePub plugin installed but haven't attempted to use its flatten TOC option...
Old 08-16-2013, 04:16 AM   #110
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Perhaps I'm too new, but where is this Edit TOC feature in calibre? I have the modify ePub plugin installed but haven't attempted to use its flatten TOC option...
I have it in the my right click context menu for books in my calibre library, but it may not be there by default. If you can't find it in a menu then you may have to place it in a menu yourself by going to Preferences - Toolbar and selecting a menu from the dropdown bar. Then find Edit TOC on the left side and move it to the right side. Hope this helps.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #111
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I have it in the my right click context menu for books in my calibre library, but it may not be there by default. If you can't find it in a menu then you may have to place it in a menu yourself by going to Preferences - Toolbar and selecting a menu from the dropdown bar. Then find Edit TOC on the left side and move it to the right side. Hope this helps.
Did some digging, found it-- it's now sitting in the menubar. I'll experiment with it some-- at the moment Calibre Companion is being finicky as all get out, got to sort that first.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #112
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kovid
I wonder if a 'New (Plugin)' icon could show down neer 'Updates' Available
any time a:

1) New Toolbar Menu feature is added

2) The toolbar List has not been visited since it became available (a db of place-able with a field 'dirtied ').

Every time a toolbar item is added the name is added and the dirtied flag set, which causes the 'New' (hot link to Preferences:Toolbars)to appear

P.S. dirty highlights thos items

Last edited by theducks; 08-17-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: PS
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #113
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I haven't any direct knowledge of Moon+ Reader, but I suspect the issue isn't with the TOC, but with the directory/file layout inside the epub file (which is a zip file).

FYI, running calibre Convert on large numbers of files may require a bit of a wait, but you can do it in batches.

@theducks - Might want to make that suggestion up a level in a new thread or call Kovid's attention to it with a PM. I don't think he follows every single sub forum.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #114
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I haven't any direct knowledge of Moon+ Reader, but I suspect the issue isn't with the TOC, but with the directory/file layout inside the epub file (which is a zip file).

FYI, running calibre Convert on large numbers of files may require a bit of a wait, but you can do it in batches.
Possibly; in any case, this is what the dev told me in his reply: "in general, one epub file has only one toc.ncx for table of content, this combined epub file has 3 toc.ncx, the reader just scan the first one it find." Obviously Moon Reader-- and FBReader, I believe someone mentioned--? don't expect there to be more than 1 TOC file in there.

Waiting for conversions isn't an issue as such, seeing as my laptop has a fair bit of processing muscle available and conversions run fast; it's getting everything over to my device by CC that's the real holdup. *sigh* Fragging timeout errors. Wonder if Kovid would consider allowing an option to set timeout lengths to longer than 60s? Trying to sync on wifi from calibre to CC on my phone is becoming painfully slow and flaky.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #115
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Possibly; in any case, this is what the dev told me in his reply: "in general, one epub file has only one toc.ncx for table of content, this combined epub file has 3 toc.ncx, the reader just scan the first one it find." Obviously Moon Reader-- and FBReader, I believe someone mentioned--? don't expect there to be more than 1 TOC file in there.
The only toc.ncx file any reader should pay attention to is the one with media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml":
Code:
<item href="toc.ncx" id="ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml"/>
The others are included only for un-merging and have deliberately non-standard media-types:

Code:
<item href="1/content.opf" id="a1rootfile" media-type="origrootfile/xml"/>
<item href="1/toc.ncx" id="a1ncx" media-type="origtocncx/xml"/>
They should all be ignored.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #116
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Attached is a version that makes the word 'Anthology' used in default title (non-series) and the summary. There does have to be something there--it will change back to Anthology if cleared.

Let me know how this works for you if you try it. Thanks.
Nobody's said it works, but nobody's said it didn't either. So I've gone ahead and updated the distro to this version.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #117
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin

Quote:
The only toc.ncx file any reader should pay attention to is the one with media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml":
Code:
<item href="toc.ncx" id="ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml"/>
The others are included only for un-merging and have deliberately non-standard media-types:

Code:
<item href="1/content.opf" id="a1rootfile" media-type="origrootfile/xml"/>
<item href="1/toc.ncx" id="a1ncx" media-type="origtocncx/xml"/>
They should all be ignored.
I see. Don't mind if I go ahead and forward a link to this post to the Moon+ dev in question? I think it'd be directly relevant to him since he's updating the next version. Thanks. That said, shouldn't Moon+ have been detecting the one with "application/x-dtbncx+xml" already, which presumably would've had the full range of chapters in it? Something's not quite right here....
Old 08-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #118
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Sefiriot--

Feel free. I'd be happy to discuss it with the Moon+ dev.

I originally assumed that the Moon+ reader was doing the same thing Sigil does--assuming unique file names and flattening the internal directory structure.

Going back and reading your description of the problem again, however, I now suspect that Moon+ is instead reading the first book's content.opf and toc.ncx instead of the master copies.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #119
jstabe
Enthusiast
jstabe began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Quote:
I'm having the same issue. So glad that you shared your answer.
jstabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #120
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Multilingual users

Multilingual users: I'm looking for volunteers to translate EpubMerge to other languages. I have a volunteer for French, but no other languages at this time.

If you're interested, POEdit is a free tool that's pretty easy to use. I've uploaded a default.po for EpubMerge. Just open it in POEdit, add the translations for your language and send it to me here or by email (my address is in the file). And, of course, tell me what language it is because I don't known them all.

Thanks!

Tags
calibre, combine books, epubmerge, make collection, merge epub, merge epubs