Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #31
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
Download link in the original post seems to be broken.
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #32
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
Kenneth_irl,
Links updated.
Also, there is new Hardware keyboard localization hack
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #33
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
On the new one compatible with 3.1, are you sure the 24 Hrs mode works? I tried to make it work but it is still at 12:48AM.

Do you have to press something or change a setting somewhere to make it work to make it 24Hrs (I have 3.1 installed with Yifan Lu jailbreak)
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:02 AM   #34
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

jeromedevine,
Currently this hack is not compatible with new 3.1 firmware. Wait for new version.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:25 AM   #35
Sir Alex
Groupie

New version released. Now it's compatible with 3.1 firmware.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #36
Tragos
Tragos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
In version 0.05, Sweden.keyb seems to be exactly the same file as Norwegian.keyb (with letters æøå). The file is a regular text file, though, so it is possible to manually change those letters to åäö before installing.
Tragos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:08 AM   #37
K3w
K3w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wireless
Installationproblem with Kindle 3 w FW 3.2

My Kindle 3 wifi has FW 3.2 (5723...). Then I copy the keyb- and bin-File (.05) to root of my Kindle and select Settings - Menu the Option "Update your Kindle" is not selectable and grey and then I look later in root-Directory of my Kindle, the File was deleted. Only the keyb-File is in the root. That can I do, to install the bin-File?

jailbreak 0.7.n and ss 0.22.n are installed and still running.
K3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #38
Sir Alex
Groupie

Latest version is 0.07, You can download it from http://www.siralex.info/downloads/
or direct link to 0.07 is http://www.siralex.info/wp-content/p...nload.php?id=7

In this version I have added timeout feature, so you can enter special characters by double pressing. Also I have changed *.keyb file format, see new file config.txt
Old 06-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #39
K3w

I've install 0.06 vor virtual keyb only and it works great. Thanks
Old 07-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #40
K3w

I have on my Kindle 3 FW 3.2 and install now 0.07. It works fine with small letters aa=ä or oo=ö, but AA=Ä dosn't work. AA gets ä not Ä.

My config.txt:
[singles]
enabled=true

[doubles]
enabled=true
timeout=300
AA=Ä
UU=Ü
OO=Ö
aa=ä
uu=ü
oo=ö
ss=ß
ee=€
qq=@
mm=-
MM=_
SS=/
dd=:
..=,
kk=(
ll=)

I hit for big letters the shift key and then double on the letterbutton, but it doesn't bring the big letter.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #41
kindlecs
kindlecs began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Hello!! I would like to have my new kindle in spanish but i don´t know if that´s possible. I have the firm 3.2.1. With this firm can i do anything or actuallty that´s is impossible??'
Thanks for the help!!
kindlecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:41 AM   #42
Sir Alex
Groupie

@kindlecs, I have Spanish localization(It's partially finished, but it's work), I'll give it to you at monday (It's located at my work)
Old 07-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #43
kindlecs
kindlecs began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Sir Alex. Thanks a lot for your help!!! If i can help you in your work with the spanish localization, tell me!
Thanks

When you give me it, which are the steps to follow?? The same that you comment in the first page?? Which jailbreak i'll need?? Well, if you could tell me how must i do it, better

One more time, thanks a lot!!!!!
kindlecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #44
K3w

@Sir Alex: Sorry for asking again, but what can I do to get by big Letters the pendant out of the config-list?

(for more Info look at #40)
Old 07-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #45
Sir Alex
Groupie

@kindlecs, Download Spanish localization from http://www.siralex.info/wp-content/p...load.php?id=10
Install it as usual hack. Install Jailbrean and than install localization.

@K3w, Sorry, I have no idea what wrong in your case.