Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #1
Yaholo
Gadget Addict
Yaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, PPC-6700
Thumbs up Newbie Introduction and Question

I have just gotten the Sony Reader, and I am really enjoying it. I think this will be the iPod of books. I have already read a couple books on it, and really enjoyed the experience. I am a true computer geek but have always preferred reading on paper. This is the first time I have been convinced to move my reading to an electronic device of any kind.

I bought mine at Border, and just as a heads up for all you Borders Rewards members; you can use many of your coupons to buy a Sony Reader! I got 10% off mine.

I think the only think really in the way of the Sony Reader taking off is the price, but I also know that once production takes off and is meeting demand that the price will lower. I also think that Sony needs to make some effort to education the public on why e-ink and backlight don't mix.

Anyway, I have been working on formatting some of my favorite books onto the reader and have had a lot of good help from this forum so far (Thanks!). The only think I can't find out how to do is change the author name on the PDF files I make from OpenOffice. I tried changing my user information at the time of saving the file, but it didn't help. Does anyone have any pointers?
Yaholo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I'm not sure about OpenOffice, but from MS Word you would select File, Properties and look at the Title and Author fields. Have a gander at that.
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #3
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Some suggestions about tools here that might be of use:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=author

Welcome aboard!
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote