Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
everio
everio began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 505
Error

Please help!! Long time reader of my Sony PRS 505 Obviously - after "successful" re-flash me start appearing on the display screen "Reader Starting up ..." and nothing ... ! I tried to restore the original firmware, but I still talking that the latest firmware is already up-to-date and a green pipe, does not reset or hardware, not to switch off - that is, for the moment to put out a Reader Starting up again ... I have to on the night (nothing I could do) morning torch discharged, but re-charged after the jump in the well-known message on the start. Does not work or reflash the SD card, I tried to delete temp of the hdd, e-book, I uploaded the original, and nothing! Please someone
everio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Connect to USB and reset the Reader. If it boots and you can see the internal storage from PC, copy all books from it and reformat.
If that doesn't help, force firmware update by editing the version .dat file.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 07:57 AM   #3
everio
everio began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
If that doesn't help, force firmware update by editing the version .dat file.
YES -Big thanks - helped rewrite version .dat file, I have made a new flash and it's SUPER! Igorsk you are the genius!
everio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
What did you edit in .dat file?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony 505