Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #946
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jangell2: My bad, that wasn't terribly clear.

Yep, all of this applied to CM's sync behaviour, be it export or import. What I should have said instead of CM managed is Calibre managed, you get the idea .

As for your last question, if you happen to have a Calibre collection matching a preexistent 'Kindle' (meaning not managed through Calibre, *right now*, but, indeed, who created it in the first place doesn't matter) collection, the Calibre one 'wins' during the sync.
On the other hand, if no Calibre collection matches that 'Kindle' one, it'll be left alone, untouched.

TL;DR: Which is why I didn't really think getting into the details would help ;D. Just saying "CM never deletes a collection on import" pretty much sums it up perfectly .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-01-2014 at 08:53 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:31 AM   #947
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@jangell2: My bad, that wasn't terribly clear.

Yep, all of this applied to CM's sync behaviour, be it export or import. What I should have said instead of CM managed is Calibre managed, you get the idea .

As for your last question, if you happen to have a Calibre collection matching a preexistent 'Kindle' (meaning not managed through Calibre, *right now*, but, indeed, who created it in the first place doesn't matter) collection, the Calibre one 'wins' during the sync.
On the other hand, if no Calibre collection matches that 'Kindle' one, it'll be left alone, untouched.

TL;DR: Which is why I didn't really think getting into the details would help ;D. Just saying "CM never deletes a collection on import" pretty much sums it up perfectly .
I just went back a few more posts and saw where you specifically said that the import doesn't delete collections.

All I had to do was read a little and I would have seen that you had already been clear enough. Sorry 'bout that chief (in my best Maxwell Smart voice).
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #948
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@jangell2: It's even in ixtab's first post ;o).
Old 06-07-2014, 12:59 AM   #949
crazyg0od33
crazyg0od33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hey all, I'm new, and while I searched the thread, I may have still missed it, but is this planned to be updated to work with the PW1 ver. 5.4.4.2?

I just jailbroke my PW using the one that works with this firmware, but I specifically jailbroke for screensavers and this, before noticing it said that 5.4.4.2 wasn't supported yet.

Thanks
crazyg0od33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:56 AM   #950
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post
Hey all, I'm new, and while I searched the thread, I may have still missed it, but is this planned to be updated to work with the PW1 ver. 5.4.4.2?

I just jailbroke my PW using the one that works with this firmware, but I specifically jailbroke for screensavers and this, before noticing it said that 5.4.4.2 wasn't supported yet.

Thanks
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=901
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #951
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Calibre keeps asking me to update. Will the latest calibre/collections plugin work with CM and kindle software 5.4.2.1?
Old 06-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #952
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
Calibre keeps asking me to update. Will the latest calibre/collections plugin work with CM and kindle software 5.4.2.1?
Yes. calibre is not the kind of program to break things on updating.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #953
jangell2
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Yes. calibre is not the kind of program to break things on updating.
And the Collections Plugin? It gets updates too.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #954
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
And the Collections Plugin? It gets updates too.
Same. It did need to be updated to be compatible with calibre v1.0, quite a while ago, but it is being actively maintained and anyway only a major calibre change required an update.

TL;DR Don't worry about it.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #955
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It hasn't actually been updated in over a year and a half (hence the need for my tweaked version), but I'll take care of it if need be, so you pretty much shouldn't ever worry about it being updated from inside Calibre's plugin management system .
Old 06-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #956
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
It hasn't actually been updated in over a year and a half (hence the need for my tweaked version), but I'll take care of it if need be, so you pretty much shouldn't ever worry about it being updated from inside Calibre's plugin management system .
Yours is the one I was referring to, actually.

Thanks for all the good work!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #957
iggirl
iggirl began at the beginning.

Many thanks to the author and forum contributors! The jailbreak worked great on my Paperwhite, recently updated to 5.4.4.2 - clear and easy to execute; ditto on freeing myself from DRM (on my own purchased books only . Bummer about Collections Manager, but grats on the PhD and good luck with the job search! Will try the Calibre "Kindle Collections" plug-in for now...with hope for an updated CM in future.
iggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:19 PM   #958
crazyg0od33
crazyg0od33 began at the beginning.

^^ the kindle collections plugin needs its collections to be imported via this app. Same reason I came to the forum :/ (unless I'm using the wrong plugin)

On a related note, is there any way to customize the image to a collection? I hate that damn bookshelf / nameplate look, and would love to be able to put one of the series' book covers on ther in place of it.

Thanks
crazyg0od33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #959
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@crazyg0od33: Not easily, nope.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:26 AM   #960
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
@crazyg0od33: Not easily, nope.
Tell us anyway?

This sounds interesting... and I would probably do it; I don't care if it's hard.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks