Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
iomari
Zealot
iomari doesn't litteriomari doesn't litter

Device: galaxy tab
date field

greetings,

is there some hidden field that stores the date a book was entered into the database? I would like to bring that out to the front end.
iomari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #2
iomari
Zealot

nevermind. I've seen the timestamp field in the database. :-)
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
iomari
Zealot

Can someone give me a hint how to add the timestamp field as a custom column?
I can't seem to find the right function to use for the template.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iomari View Post
is there some hidden field that stores the date a book was entered into the database? I would like to bring that out to the front end.
I believe the Date column is the date the book was entered into the calibre database.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
iomari
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I believe the Date column is the date the book was entered into the calibre database.

I'm embarrassed.

thanks
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iomari View Post
Can someone give me a hint how to add the timestamp field as a custom column?
I can't seem to find the right function to use for the template.
Use {timestamp}. No function is necessary.

If you want to format it, then use {timestamp:'format_date($, 'yyyy')'} where 'yyyy' is replaced with the format you wish. If you want the full ISO timestamp including the time, use {:'raw_field('timestamp')'}

Last edited by chaley; 10-06-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: corrected the raw_field template
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
iomari
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Use {timestamp}. No function is necessary.

If you want to format it, then use {timestamp:'format_date($, 'yyyy')'} where 'yyyy' is replaced with the format you wish. If you want the full ISO timestamp including the time, use {;'raw_field('timestamp')'}

cool
Old 10-09-2011, 03:00 AM   #8
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Hmm - not always, I imported a collection of "found" books" that appear to have come from a calibre collection ( because of how the book folders are structured)

I did this via Add books

they have may/June dates in my calibre library, even though I added them yesterday ???
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:32 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
Hmm - not always, I imported a collection of "found" books" that appear to have come from a calibre collection ( because of how the book folders are structured)

I did this via Add books

they have may/June dates in my calibre library, even though I added them yesterday ???
That is due to the fact that they were added to calibre in may/june and the metadata.opf files that were lying around the same folders as the books were used to add then to your library.

If this date bothers you then you have a few of options:

1. Stop adding "found" books to your library.
2. Delete the metadata.opf files prior to adding the books. The metadata.opf file is for calibre use only and is used to restore books to the library after being saved to disk or used to restore a corrupt metadata.db in the calibre library.
3. If you know that the date is not going to reflect your library you can do a bulk metadata edit after adding the books and change the date to reflect the date you added them to your library.
4. Add the books one at a time via drag and drop from the file manager to the calibre library.

Bottom line is the date column is the date when the books were added to a calibre library, if you add books from someone else' library, with the data from that library, of course the date is going to reflect when they were added to that other person's library.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-09-2011 at 03:37 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote