Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many 'must-buy authors from the Big 6 do you have?
Less than five---I follow a few big names but can take or leave the rest 41 44.09%
5-10- I like certain big name authors 21 22.58%
0- I only read indie books or library books 16 17.20%
Other 15 16.13%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #61
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
More than 10. Honestly, I'm surprised it isn't an option. Of course, some of these authors only release in mmpb, and other don't release every year.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #62
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am very sad to say that I only have one auto-buy on my list anymore: the final WOT book (I am going to finish that damn series if it kills me). It's apparently agency-priced by Macmillan (I had no idea who Tor was associated with), so I may or may not be buying the next ebook... do I want to wait 3+ months for the ebook to drop, then pay $15+ for it? It'll probably be a used bookstore purchase, which is what I did with the last book released. Last book was a delayed ebook release, so I bought it used and left a "tip" for the author on his site, then passed the book on to my brother when I was done, and he resold it. We both got to read it without being "thieves", the publisher got jack from us, and I don't have a giant hardback sitting around my house. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Everything else I hand-pick, sometimes from authors I've read before, sometimes from good buzz (though that's not been working out so well for me...), mostly from recommendations or reviews by friends, goodreads and Amazon. I do tend to purchase predominantly from the Agency 6, but only when I'm ok with the price, which varies from book to book.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #63
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
See, WoT...I bought the last book in hardback because there was a 3 month delay on the e-book. Also, I have the rest of the series in hardback and I like to finish the way I start.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #64
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins
Also, I have the rest of the series in hardback and I like to finish the way I start.
Good luck trying to become 20+ years younger.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote