Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-29-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
drgnbear
Evil alien overlord.
drgnbear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Weird lighter spots on screen?

I'm not even sure how to describe what I am seeing except that there are 2 spots on the screen that appear lighter than the rest of the screen when it is off. It's not interfering with the reader and the screen is not lighter in that same spot when text is on the screen but it's odd. I am hoping it's not a sign of impending doom (I did get the warranty that includes accidental damage though so...) has anyone else seen this? is it normal?
drgnbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I've got something like this, first noticed it around Christmas time. It hasn't changed much since then, and I can't see that it's affecting anything so far.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I have it too. 3/4" diameter about two inches from the left lower corner diagonally. I'd like the whole screen to be this colo(u)r.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine's more of an irregular vertical streaking, about 1 cm wide on average tapering as it moves toward the bottom. I'd like the whole background to be that color too. I wish I could figure out what caused it ....
Old 05-30-2007, 03:15 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just a peculiarity of the individual screen, I guess.

On my screen, after I switch it on, I often have a faint black vertical line about 5mm in from the right side of the screen running from top to bottom. It gradually fades out and after about 3 page turns it's gone!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2007, 03:37 AM   #6
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Just a peculiarity of the individual screen, I guess.

On my screen, after I switch it on, I often have a faint black vertical line about 5mm in from the right side of the screen running from top to bottom. It gradually fades out and after about 3 page turns it's gone!
I have that line as well but it's the line of the numbered tabs on the right.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:48 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Ah - that's would certainly explain it. Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:38 AM   #8
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
BTW that spot still remains when the reader's off.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist

Mine does the same -- stays when the Reader is off, I mean.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #10
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Are we all in agreement that it is a manufacturing defect? I've got mine in the top right corner...looks like 5 pieces of rice stuck there.

Unfortunately, I bought it over 30 days ago and the Sony return policy leaves a lot to be desired.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote