Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #61
pete_1967
Connoisseur
pete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Broadbuyer is an iffy website. It locks your browser window. You cannot go back. Even if you open history and click on a link of what you had before it would not leave Broadbuyer. Only closing down the window/tab helps. Being control freak it is a very frustrating experience when website takes control of my browser.
What do you mean? I can go backwards and forward on it without any problems.

Either way, I wasn't doing QA on the sites, just the availability of PRS 650 to those who want to buy one.
pete_1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #62
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_1967 View Post
What do you mean? I can go backwards and forward on it without any problems.

Either way, I wasn't doing QA on the sites, just the availability of PRS 650 to those who want to buy one.
Could not go backwards. Could not change the tab even clicking on a random link in history.
Thanks for the links.
I warned people of what could happen on Broadbuyer and that Amazon's link is not prs-650.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Amazon - PRS-600

Broadbuyer is an iffy website. It locks your browser window. You cannot go back. Even if you open history and click on a link of what you had before it would not leave Broadbuyer. Only closing down the window/tab helps. Being control freak it is a very frustrating experience when website takes control of my browser.
What browser?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:58 AM   #64
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What browser?
FF v3.6.13
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:38 AM   #65
WendyH
Enthusiast
WendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toys

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
That's Weird,
After checking my CC Statement online I can confirm that I don't get charged an International fee when I purchase from Kobo but I have been charged it when I have purchased from other US and UK ebook stores.
It's usually about 30 to 40 cents per ebook but It adds up and when the exchange rate moves adversely it will make purchases less attractive.
I bought some books from Kobo using my Debit Mastercard (Commonwealth Bank) and got charged an international transaction fee of $1 per book! I think that is ridiculous!! One of the books was only $6 and they added an additional $1!!!
WendyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert