Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #1006
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
I have new regressions to report:

When making a cold boot of the device (i.e. from the fully turned off state), after the normal bootup screen finishes, the device will keep loading, displaying a small loading circle just like it would when opening a document.
I guess it has to do something with number of documents.

I have many and the circle is there for a minute or two. Generaly, I do not mind it, because I do not switch it off. I use in most cases sleep mode.

It is for sure in 1st release of 1.8, but I think it started with later (cca post June) 1.7 releases.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #1007
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Take a look in tool menu. You will find there a new tool for key remapping. So you can select the behaviour of joystick to what you like/need.
I tried it and it only works partially. I set auto crop in the reading menu and page turn in the key mapping menu. The joystick first moves the page up, showing me the bottom margin, and only on the second press it actually turns the page. The page turning buttons work properly. Am I doing something wrong?
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #1008
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by finitary View Post
I have installed the last firmware for M92 (1.8 (1.8.20121113)) on my Icarus Excel without a problem. Everything is working well. Thanks

Question: In the new pdf reader, there are seemingly random dotted lines across the text. How do I get rid of these?
Hi Finitary,
The dotted lines aren't random. The lines shows the wiewport. The details are gived in this thread.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #1009
Killy
Killy began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Onyx Boox M92 Firmware question

Hi, absolute newbie here.

A have two questions about firmware:
1. According to the official EU Onyx Boox site "Firmware varies depending on M92 edition and also on country zones, so if you decide to update your device make sure you install the right firmware!!!"
The new firmwares liked here (by Booxtor) works for which edition / country zone?
2. Back to the official site again. The latest firmware there is from September. Is it because the ones linked here are too beta / not official or simply because they are lazy to update their site?

Cheers.
Killy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #1010
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killy View Post
Hi, absolute newbie here.

A have two questions about firmware:
1. According to the official EU Onyx Boox site "Firmware varies depending on M92 edition and also on country zones, so if you decide to update your device make sure you install the right firmware!!!"
The new firmwares liked here (by Booxtor) works for which edition / country zone?
2. Back to the official site again. The latest firmware there is from September. Is it because the ones linked here are too beta / not official or simply because they are lazy to update their site?

Cheers.
It's not the offical website. Look at the disclaimer.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #1011
Killy
Killy began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
It's not the offical website. Look at the disclaimer.
Okay, it's just an "R&D and software development partner and official distributor" then. :)
Nevertheless, my questions still stand.
Killy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #1012
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
OK. There are at least 3 different channels for euroatlantic region. Booxstor (Germany), Artatech (Polland) and Russian one.

Firmware from Booxstor is also offitial. It can be installed in devices from his channel and most probably also from Russian channel, but for sure it is not possible to Artatech channel devices. For Russian devices there might be a problém that some configurations are without sound output And maybe even without pen support. On those devices the instalation was not possible. Maybe it changed later on or there is a hack to do it.

Artatech firmware is not possible to install on devices from other channels. Maybe there is a hack to do it, bit normally it shouldn't be possible. Tis firmware seems to be based on Booxstor's, but if it will be li ke that forewer I am not sure. They do not seem to contribute to common development of firmware, they have features, that could be in other firmwares, but are not. Cloud storage for example. Artatech firmware is released much Les frequently than Booxstor's.

Russian firmware, I do not know.

Last edited by Mono; 11-15-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #1013
goodreader
goodreader began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox M-92, kindle keyboard wifi , ibad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi Goodreader,

First of all please don't write in upper case LIKE THIS!
Secondly - you don't have to be sorry for your English - lots of users here are not native English speakers. But even if we are not all perfect in, we love to use it.

Back to your problem. Did you try to restart your device? Was the installation of update successful? You can also try to recalibrate the stylus (in device settings).

Hi booxter
I will try i want to improve my skills in languege
Now i solve proplem. I recalibrate the stylus.
thank you very much.

i have one question
when we can have arabic keyboard in onyx boox?
goodreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:08 AM   #1014
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaytsev View Post
...The bad news is that it doesn't work on most files I'm interested in. Take, for instance the FreeBSD Handbook:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/do...ooks/handbook/

It just hangs at some point. The old reader opens the file, but throws errors all the time. Is this thread the right one to report this problem? If not, could you please point me into the right direction? Thanks!
I 've tested the "book.pdf.zip" : 1120 pages ! I've some troubles with it too. I must wait few minutes before stroke a key. I can turn the page 1,2,3, but at the page 4 : blank page and nothing. I can exit the PDFreader with the exit menu key.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #1015
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I 've tested the "book.pdf.zip" : 1120 pages ! I've some troubles with it too. I must wait few minutes before stroke a key. I can turn the page 1,2,3, but at the page 4 : blank page and nothing. I can exit the PDFreader with the exit menu key.
Split the document, extract 100 pages or so around the page where it sticks
Upload the new document (100pages) and see if it stops at the same page, then you know it is the document
If it doesn't then the doc might be just too big
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #1016
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
Just to say that the latest version of the PDF reader feels really good. Thanks!
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #1017
Redfield
Redfield began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
OK. There are at least 3 different channels for euroatlantic region. Booxstor (Germany), Artatech (Polland) and Russian one.

Firmware from Booxstor is also offitial ... For Russian devices there might be a problém that some configurations are without sound output And maybe even without pen support. On those devices the instalation was not possible. Maybe it changed later on or there is a hack to do it.
Russian firmware, I do not know.
As an owner of Russian device (M92M Perseus, pen, no audio) I can tell that Booxtor's firmware fits pretty well. I've encountered no problem apart from repoted in this thread. Sure, I've got shortcuts for software that cannot possibly work, I've just never touched them. Frankly speaking, I'm more interested in getting rid of them, than in discovering my device's reaction to an attempt to run music player.
Redfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #1018
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Hello,
I'm pleased that the firmware of M92 becomes better and better
But since version 1.8 the reader asks me the following question when I'm trying to close a book:
Quote:
"This book will be closed. Are you sure?"
I'm always sure what I'm doing. How can I disable that qestion?

Thank You!
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #1019
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
Hello,
I'm pleased that the firmware of M92 becomes better and better
But since version 1.8 the reader asks me the following question when I'm trying to close a book:

I'm always sure what I'm doing. How can I disable that qestion?

Thank You!
This upsets me too. Perhaps it is possible to leave this behaviour as it is when user closes the book by pressing "cancel" button (this eliminates accidental closing of books) - and remove it when book is closed from menu (little chance to close the book accidentally in this way)
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #1020
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
This upsets me too. Perhaps it is possible to leave this behaviour as it is when user closes the book by pressing "cancel" button (this eliminates accidental closing of books) - and remove it when book is closed from menu (little chance to close the book accidentally in this way)
Good point... I think we can implement it
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote