Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Nook for iPhone-Side loading

I posted this in the Apple Devices Forum but nobody responded so I deleted that post and thought I'd post here and hope someone would have an answer.

Has anyone been able to successfully side load books to the Nook for iPhone app? I have DiskAid and can access the folder but when I put a book in there it doesn't show up in the Nook App.

Carol

Last edited by sadievan; 08-01-2011 at 12:26 PM.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I haven't been able to do it either. There is a SQLite database that lists each item that shows up, but I think it syncs from B&N server only. So even if you managed to add the appropriate records in the appropriate tables, and got it to show up in the list, it would probably go away the next time the app synced.

In any case you would not be able to side-load DRM-ed ebooks since the Nook app does not use the Adobe SDK needed to decode these.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I haven't been able to do it either. There is a SQLite database that lists each item that shows up, but I think it syncs from B&N server only. So even if you managed to add the appropriate records in the appropriate tables, and got it to show up in the list, it would probably go away the next time the app synced.

In any case you would not be able to side-load DRM-ed ebooks since the Nook app does not use the Adobe SDK needed to decode these.
Thanks for the reply. The book I was trying to get to show up was DRM free so that was not the issue. Just was wondering if there was a way to get side loaded books to sync between the Nook and the Nook app like I can do with my Kindle and the Kindle app.

Carol
Old 08-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Thanks for the reply. The book I was trying to get to show up was DRM free so that was not the issue. Just was wondering if there was a way to get side loaded books to sync between the Nook and the Nook app like I can do with my Kindle and the Kindle app.

Carol
I tried as well, no luck. I sideloaded books into the Nook App on the Mac with no problem, but the Nook App on the iPhone/iPad doesn't have a "personal items" category like the Mac App. Disappointing.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post

Carol
Yes, the ability to sync sideloaded content on Kindle seems some sort of happy accident. But in this case I think we will not be so lucky.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Yes, the ability to sync sideloaded content on Kindle seems some sort of happy accident. But in this case I think we will not be so lucky.
Yes I really like the feature on my Kindle and K4PC app on the iphone. My husband has the Nook Touch and I thought he would be able to sync between his Nook and the app on his iPhone. O well. Maybe in an update of the app they will allow it.

Carol
Old 08-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

I could never get sideloaded books to work on the iOS app either. It works fine on my Android phone with Nook for Android, but not at all on the iOS app.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:20 AM   #8
richkonline
Nameless Being

Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I could never get sideloaded books to work on the iOS app either. It works fine on my Android phone with Nook for Android, but not at all on the iOS app.
So non-DRM sideloaded books on the Nook will sync with Android Nook? Will the Nook (say the Touch) with sideloaded books (non-DRM, non-B&N) sync with the Nook App on the PC?

Thanks for any help.

Richard.