Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #526
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What column type are you using? Integer or Floating Point?

I *THINK* you want to use Integer!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #527
doudda
Enthusiast
doudda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Yes, I was used the Floating Point.
I created a new column and tried the integer and works.
But now it means I'll have to start again with the word count.

Thanks.
doudda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #528
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudda View Post
Yes, I was used the Floating Point.
I created a new column and tried the integer and works.
But now it means I'll have to start again with the word count.

Thanks.
try using Search and replace (Multi-metadata edit mode) to copy the results over
Search #oldname
(.+)
Replace #newname
\1
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #529
doudda
Enthusiast
doudda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
doudda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #530
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudda View Post
I see you figured out the part I forgot to mention
REGEX mode
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #531
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello! I was wondering if there's any way to strip this page count metadata from my files? I installed and ran the plugin in order to get page counts from my books, which I will then append to the book titles of my books. But I'm not comfortable with custom metadata cluttering up my files (and indeed it seems to create a conflict for the Kobo Extended Driver, at least for me), so I'd like to remove remove the metadata from my files once I've retrieved it and put it to use. Is there any way of doing this?
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #532
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
But I'm not comfortable with custom metadata cluttering up my files (and indeed it seems to create a conflict for the Kobo Extended Driver, at least for me), so I'd like to remove remove the metadata from my files once I've retrieved it and put it to use. Is there any way of doing this?
For extraneous metadata inside the epub you can use the plugin "Modify Epub", which will remove all column metadata from inside the epub (content.opf). Install the plugin from Preferences -> Plugins -> Get new plugins, "Remove non-dc metadata" is the option you're after.

If you have cluttered up the title column itself in calibre (I would advice against that) with extraneous info at the end of it, you could probably use the search and replace tab in the Bulk edit dialog to remove it, provided that the formatting is consistent. If you actually want that on some of your devices, you could probably use a plugboard, which many use to attach other columns such as series info to the title on transfer to the device. I haven't used them myself, but I think you would then use something like "{title} (#pages)" for your title field. This only runs when sending to a particular device.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #533
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I don't know if there is a way to turn off calibre putting the metadata back into the book though presuming you use Send to Device to put the books onto your Kobo? You can turn it off for the Save to Disc feature in Preferences->Saving books to disc, but don't know about Send to Device.

Modiy ePub can indeed strip that data out of the book that is in your library, but that doesn't solve your issue if calibre still puts the data back in when you send to your Kobo. Unless that Kobo Extended Driver can be configured to not update the metadata or something, either way it isn't really anything to do with this plugin which simp[y updates a value in a custom column...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #534
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
Yes, I apologize - the conflict seems to have been with some of my books being poorly formatted. I have resolved it and the books work fine now. Thank you for the plug-in, it was very helpful!
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #535
odinokij
Enthusiast
odinokij began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hello,

A long time ago you included in this plugin the possibility of counting pages for cbr and cbz formats (as number of images in the rar (cbr) or zip (cbz) file).

It worked fine, but from several months ago, the plugin fails to count pages on these formats giving this error log:

Count Page/Word Statistics
-------------------------------
Logfile for book ID 1297 (Basura)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.jobs", line 137, in do_statistics_for_book
File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.statistics", line 263, in get_cbr_page_count
ImportError: No module named libunrar

I understand that a module "libunrar" to unrar the file has disappeared, but the new versions of the plugin don't include this module.

Could you please check and fix this error, or tell me where to find the missing module and where should I copy it?

Thanks for all your work, you're great.
Odinokij

Last edited by odinokij; 06-06-2013 at 04:50 AM.
odinokij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #536
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
@kiwidude, are you going to do you plugin available from the command line now that calibre offers this feature? I would love it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #537
bugsy74
bugsy74 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Hello All,

Sorry for posting this in 2 places but it seems this is the correct place to post my questions. I have spent a few hours searching the forums to try and get this right, so please bear with me.

I have 2 parts to my issue:

Part 1: I am trying to get accurate page numbering via the Count Pages Plugin.
  1. I have both the e-book version and the hard copy of a book and I am trying to get the two to match in page numbers.
  2. When I run the plugin, it finds the goodreads ID and tells me "Goodreads edition has 652 pages". This is the exact page number of the hard copy. Encouraged by the results, I accept these setting.
  3. When I send the file to my kindle via the "Send to device" option in Calibre, it shows 577 pages instead of 652. What am I doing wrong?

Part 2: I am trying to send the book as a personal document to my kindle account via the "Email to kindle" option in Cailbre. However, the page numbers do not transfer.
  1. It is supposed to be possible to have page numbers in the personal documents using the Count Pages plugin according to this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202728
  2. It doesn't seem to work, again what am I doing wrong.

Thank you in advance for your help, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Bugs.

Last edited by bugsy74; 06-26-2013 at 05:54 PM.
bugsy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #538
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@bugsy - read the special notes in the first page of this forum, it tells you how to point the Kindle device driver to use the custom page count column rather than generating a count using the built in apnx page count generation function.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #539
bugsy74
bugsy74 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard
@Kiwidude thanks for answering me. Are you referring to creating the custom column? I did that. I re-read the 1st 2 pages of this forum but I am not sure what I am looking for.
bugsy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #540
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I don't have a Kindle but you need to read the Special Notes area of the first post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin