Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #91
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I didn't think about it. Keyboard uses images so it is resolution dependent. I didn't manage to compile matchbox-keyboard with text buttons. Maybe some day I could get rid of external keyboard dependency and improvise real built-in one.
I did some tests. like a 200% 150% size increase should be about right I think.

A batch resize of the images for PW would not be too tough an ask.

Last edited by twobob; 02-11-2013 at 09:18 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #92
cubemike99
Enthusiast
cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How have you all managed to change the width of the Tab, Caps Lock, Shifts, Enter, etc so that they're the same width as all the other letters. Is it something to do with the matchbox-keyboard patch? Much appreciated.
cubemike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #93
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Why... what does yours look like?

Is this because you have a paperwhite.... They look small? I'm guessing.

I noted that someone should try reprocessing the png files in the matchbox keyboard resource folder to about 190% 140% or something...

bit more detail on the actual difference would be nice... ; )

Last edited by twobob; 02-11-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #94
cubemike99
Enthusiast
cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Haha sorry for the lack of specificity, I assumed everybody's keyboard started out like mine. Yes, I am on a Paperwhite and the letters are next to microscopic. Here's a picture, as screenshots seem not to work in kterm.

In my experimenting, I thought that the letter png's themselves could stay the same and just have the area around them change so that each key is equal, so I tried to go in and edit the widths in keyboard.xml, but that changes didley squat.

http://i.imgur.com/oatycoh.jpg
Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #95
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Yea, mine is the same or much worse - -
And if someone could tell me where the re-direction operators are... ( '<' and '>' )
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #96
twobob

ermm.. well aside from the fact that they look A LOT like mine

I would go for what I suggested. try blowing one up large

hopefully the truncation effect will be "centralised framing" I havent played since I dont have a PW yet.

Those keys do look a LOT like mine though

(on a touch)
Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #97
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yea, mine is the same or much worse - -
And if someone could tell me where the re-direction operators are... ( '<' and '>' )
Shift + ,

Shift + .
Old 02-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #98
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubemike99 View Post
Here's a side by side...

There is some obvious disparity. even in this "thrown together overlay.
Interesting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paperwhite-screenshot-with-inherent-perspective.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	911.0 KB
ID:	101106   Click image for larger version

Name:	generated-perspective-overlay.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	508.2 KB
ID:	101107   Click image for larger version

Name:	overlay.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	101108  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #99
twobob

Okay I think I see what is happening from that.

That letters are smaller, so the TAB, SHIFTS, BACKSPACE etc. become huge.

definately have a play with content size imho. 212 dpi to 167 ratio = eerrrr 130% bigger for a starter? try that

Last edited by twobob; 02-11-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #100
cubemike99
Enthusiast

Just for kicks I went right to 200%. The img folder can be found here http://ge.tt/4ztEFDY/v/0 if you want to see what it looks like on yours. The letters are certainly more readable, but the spacing is still jacked up. Which makes sense considering the png's are form fitting around the actual character. It really seems like the keyboard.xml is whats controlling the spacing. If that's the case though, why did nothing change when I changed the xml?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #101
cubemike99
Enthusiast

OK, after further testing it is keyboard.xml that regulates the actual width of the keys, not the pngs of the letters themselves. I have no idea how the on screen widths are decided from those in the file, though, since having a file width of 2000 for both '0' and BACKSPACE does not result in them having the same on screen width.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #102
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
OK, after further testing it is keyboard.xml that regulates the actual width of the keys, not the pngs of the letters themselves. I have no idea how the on screen widths are decided from those in the file, though, since having a file width of 2000 for both '0' and BACKSPACE does not result in them having the same on screen width.
Perhaps it is time to read the source code a bit?
Might be quicker than guessing.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:43 AM   #103
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Unfortunately it is all messed up on Kindle. I never managed to make it work properly.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:54 AM   #104
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
I have no idea how the on screen widths are decided from those in the file, though, since having a file width of 2000 for both '0' and BACKSPACE does not result in them having the same on screen width.
It is parameter "fill" which makes backspace expand to all available space.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #105
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Here's a side by side...

There is some obvious disparity. even in this "thrown together overlay.
Interesting
You don't need to take photos of the Paperwhite. Tap the upper right corner and the lower left at the same time. The screen flashes and a screenshot saved to the root.
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, terminal emulator