Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 08:23 AM   #211
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by orfeo View Post
Hi everyone,

I just got the cover (Gecko Luxe+Light) for my T-1 today. My T-1 fits into it quite well. It closes smoothly with magnet.

Although the cover feels a bit heavier than I thought, it doesn't bother me. I guess it is because I have been used to reading without a cover. I think I will get used to the weight soon anyway. Well, I put it on the kitchen scale. It is 150 grams, just for people who are interested. The cover came with a CR 2032 battery. For me, the light is definitely bright enough to read in the dark.

Please have a look at the pictures attached.
Thanks for the pictures. It's interesting that the Luxe has a different fitting from the basic models - I rejected those because of the corner straps, but if I'd realised the more expensive ones had a proper pocket, I'd probably have hung on for those. Oh well, c'est la vie! Odd that there are three different designs for the inside - the basic one has the corner straps, the Luxe w/o light has a pocket with the bottom bit coming up to the buttons, and the Luxe + light has this going right up to the screen with a cut-out that reveals the buttons, but this then curves upwards to reveal the name Sony and then down to reveal a large area of that shiny bezel. Don't get this at all -as it's clearly possible to make one with a cut-out, why not have it just big enough to allow access to the buttons and maybe show the symbols above them, and forget about these cutesy curves?
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #212
trekker99
Enthusiast
trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Tuff-Luv's covers are out: http://tuff-luv.com/e-readers/sony-r....html?limit=15

It does look very nice and it is priced between the Luxe and Luxe+Light. I am not too sure I like the way the straps are holding the bottom of the reader though.
trekker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 01:34 AM   #213
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLavigne View Post
OK, so any of you who order the Geckocover in the US, just assume it will take longer than the 5-10 estimate that is on their shipping chart. Got mine today, and shipping/delivery took 16 days. Not what I'd consider too bad for a free overseas shipment, but longer than their own estimates.

As for the cover itself, it feels nice. The cover is soft, not very stiff, and the front flap folds nicely to the back for reading. Good quality. Some people might prefer a stiffer front flap for more protection, its OK for my purposes.

Vic
I was very happy. Ordered mine on Dec 20th and it arrived on the 28th. Was so happy with it, I ordered a Kobo Luxe for my girlfriend.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:00 AM   #214
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker99 View Post
It does look very nice and it is priced between the Luxe and Luxe+Light. I am not too sure I like the way the straps are holding the bottom of the reader though.
Agreed - the corners seem to be completely uncovered, without even the rudimentary protection of the Navitech. And again, the bottom (shiny!) part of the bezel is uncovered.

Shame, because other than that, it's very nice - I like that it's got microSD pockets, and the transparent pocket is a good idea.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:14 AM   #215
trekker99
Enthusiast
trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I eventually bought the Black Luxe. Took about 9 business days from order to having the cover in my hands (shipment to Singapore). I really like it so far. Now I need to find a booklight. I wonder if I could remove the one from my PRS 300 Sony case (although it is bulky if not part of a cover).
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #216
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
Agreed - the corners seem to be completely uncovered, without even the rudimentary protection of the Navitech. And again, the bottom (shiny!) part of the bezel is uncovered.

Shame, because other than that, it's very nice - I like that it's got microSD pockets, and the transparent pocket is a good idea.
What do you mean "rudimentary protection"? The one thing the Navitech case has going for it is protection! It's cheap and incredibly ugly but solid.

I took it skiing and used the stylus holder to attach a safty cord. Before I got the Navitech, I'd never even contemplated using the T1 on the mountain!
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #217
phloxy
Always reading
phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 7
I have taken a liking to the Gecko cover as well. I love the red, and I think it will look nice with both my black device and the skin I'm going to put on it. And the velvet interior sounds nice as well. And free shipping from overseas! Dang. Decisions, decisions!
phloxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #218
trekker99
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloxy View Post
I have taken a liking to the Gecko cover as well. I love the red, and I think it will look nice with both my black device and the skin I'm going to put on it. And the velvet interior sounds nice as well. And free shipping from overseas! Dang. Decisions, decisions!
Well, if you buy the luxe, I am not sure if there is any point to put a skin on it, since the cover will cover up most of the skinned areas. I chose to forgo the skin as I didn't think I would ever remove the T1 from the cover after I put it in (except if I need to remove the SD card...).
Old 01-20-2012, 04:40 AM   #219
LuvReadin
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibahbuzemann View Post
What do you mean "rudimentary protection"? The one thing the Navitech case has going for it is protection! It's cheap and incredibly ugly but solid.
The case is solid, but I consider the protection for the corners isn't great - all four corners of the bit that actually holds the reader (is there a technical term for that?) are open, so although the protection front and back is very good, there's little protection to the corners from a blow to the side, particularly from something narrow. It's not the only one that has this drawback (or design feature, depending on one's POV) - I would just prefer if the corners were closed.

Apart from that, I'm very happy with my Navitech cover, and I certainly don't consider it ugly - the finish inside could be better, as discussed earlier in the thread, but otherwise, it doesn't look that different from a Filofax.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #220
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmartin View Post
I have no need for a case, as I prefer to read with only the e-reader in my hand.
But I do have a need for a cover, for protection while travelling. After a hunt around I've decided on this one (the Sony ones are an extortionate price) :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005LUZGLM

It should arrive next week, I'll post my opinion once I receive it.
Shame it´s so far (I´m from Argentina) but I´d prefer this http://www.amazon.co.uk/UltimateAddo...473060-8458408

Maybe I can get it manufactured here somewhere! Thanks for the page
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #221
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker99 View Post
I eventually bought the Black Luxe. Took about 9 business days from order to having the cover in my hands (shipment to Singapore). I really like it so far. Now I need to find a booklight. I wonder if I could remove the one from my PRS 300 Sony case (although it is bulky if not part of a cover).
Since you want a light, why didn't you buy Gecko's Luxe cover with the light?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #222
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by susaz View Post
Shame it´s so far (I´m from Argentina) but I´d prefer this http://www.amazon.co.uk/UltimateAddo...473060-8458408

Maybe I can get it manufactured here somewhere! Thanks for the page
Is that sleeve big enough to hold the T1 while the T1 is in a cover?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #223
trekker99
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since you want a light, why didn't you buy Gecko's Luxe cover with the light?
I didn't like that it stuck out at the back. I am still debating whether I really need one... I didn't use the one on my PRS300 cover often and I can always adjust my reading habits.

Besides, a separate booklight can be used on paper books and any future eink reader i might upgrade to.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #224
Murre
Connoisseur
Murre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five words

Device: Nook
What's the difference between:
SONY READER PRS T1 LUXE + LIGHT
and
SONY READER PRS T1 LUXE + LIGHT 2?
Is it that the Light 2 got a stand?
Murre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #225
trekker99
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murre View Post
What's the difference between:
SONY READER PRS T1 LUXE + LIGHT
and
SONY READER PRS T1 LUXE + LIGHT 2?
Is it that the Light 2 got a stand?
Looks like it... Looks pretty cool, although I doubt I would have gotten it if I had that choice when I purchased it.