Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Table of Contents Creation Not Working

Okay, bear with me, I'm really not an html editor but I get some of the very, very basic stuff.

I'm editing an epub book in Sigil and using Calibre to create a table of contents. The trouble is that when I use Calibre to search for chapters (I clicked the "Force" button and even used the xpath code for h2 to locate chapters). I've created chapter headings (h2) in Sigil and thought that would help Calibre locate the Chapter starts.

Unfortunately, after finishing in Calibre, I end up with no table of contents. When I click the table of contents tab a window opens on the side of Calibre that says "Start" and nothing else. All that does is take me back to the main page.

Did I even describe this well enough for anyone to understand what I mean? How can I get Calibre to create a table of contents?

EDIT: Mod, feel free to delete. I feel like an idiot now but I realized what I was doing wrong. Apparently I needed to select: "Force use of auto-generated table of contents," put //h:h2 in Level 1, and then go back to structure detection and type in //h:h2[re:test(., 'chapter', 'i')]

It appears to have worked, though I have still to go through all of the chapters and see if it works completely.

Last edited by MV64; 12-05-2010 at 08:20 PM.
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:37 AM   #2
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Although you have solved your own problem, I'm not quite sure why you are using calibre in this scenario at all. Sigil will automatically generate your ToC from your html header tags, you don't need calibre for this.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert