Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Anyone have Reader sweat (condensation by your finger)?

I've noticed that when I leave a finger on the page turn button (either one), there is often some condensation on the Reader unter my finger. Anyone else notice that happening, or do I just have a humid finger?

Actually, I don't even leave my finger there for fear that condensation might get into the control and shorten its life. Don't know if it matters, but when you have a device you really like and want to keep around, you treat it different than something you consider "disposable."
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:16 PM   #2
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Hmm, I've never noticed that, even after hours of reading. Maybe it's just too humid in your house.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2006, 02:43 PM   #3
stxopher
Nameless Being

Couldn't say myself. The reader doesn't quite fit my hands so it's more like "move finger to button-click to turn page-move finger away-read-repeat" instead of "click to turn page-read-repeat". The button placement means the fingers area always moving for this user.

But I could see it happening since it's happened to me before using a stylus for extended periods of time (skin in continual contact with something for quite awhile).

But then again, maybe it's just your reading material? Hmmmmm?
Old 11-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Your reader's too cold for your warm personality
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Ewwwwwwww...

tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2006, 07:27 PM   #6
Booky McGee
Booky McGee began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I'm assuming condensation, since you'd know by now if you had a tendency to juice up phones, game controllers, handshakes, etc.

Maybe you should get some of those packets of dessicant silica gel they sell in photography shops to keep equipment dry, and put the Reader in a ziplock with them for a while.

My brother accidentally spilled coffee on his ipod, and even after drying out it would navigate through menus on it's own like a posessed ouija board. So probably best to nip it in the bud early.
Booky McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
airlik
Connoisseur
airlik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
That happens to me as well... and the humidity in our house is a pathetic 30%, so it's all me... and like you, I make a point to move my thumb off the button now so I don't cause condensation to for in the button.
airlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #8
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
For all those who live with the inconvenience of condensation and slippery readers I have a solution that won't please anyone.

Latex gloves...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:22 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You're right, yvanleterrible, that is a universally unpleasant solution.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:40 PM   #10
Booky McGee
Booky McGee began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Well, they botox armpits to stop excessive sweat.. I suppose one thumb would be cheaper.
Booky McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:42 PM   #11
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

People put botox in their armpits?

What's next? People closing tear ducts in order to appear less emotional?
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #12
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I get the condensation also, you get a lot of people packed together on the Metro and it gets a bit humid. I just switch to the alternate page switcher thingamajig every once in a while.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote