Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 04:19 AM   #76
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
15Mbps! I wish I had those speeds... I don't go faster than 400Kbps...
Dont' confuse Mbps (Mega bits per second) with the Kbyte/s info ypu have on your computer when you are downloading stuff.
I'm not saying you do, but a 400Kbps connection should really be too slow.
Maybe it is 400 Kbytes/s which means at least a 3,2 Mbps bandwidth (1 byte = 8 bits).
See here.
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #77
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
On network, it's more generaly "1Byte = 10 bits" because on networks we speak in bauds, not bits
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #78
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
On network, it's more generaly "1Byte = 10 bits" because on networks we speak in bauds, not bits
Really? Never heard before... Merci pour l'info...
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:33 AM   #79
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
If you look at a pure speed test on a 100Mb network, you will not get 12.5 MB/s but more generaly 10MB/s or less, depending on the protocol used. The generaly seen speed is between 8MB/s and 9MB/s
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #80
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
Dont' confuse Mbps (Mega bits per second) with the Kbyte/s info ypu have on your computer when you are downloading stuff.
I'm not saying you do, but a 400Kbps connection should really be too slow.
Maybe it is 400 Kbytes/s which means at least a 3,2 Mbps bandwidth (1 byte = 8 bits).
See here.
I know how it all works... and I should have said I've a 400KBps... Shoot me! But still 15.000Kbs is horribly fast... (1.875KBps...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
However, much to my surprise, I haven't had anything less than speeds of 15,000 kbps.
I just wish I had those speeds... But where I live I can't get over 4Mbps. (the max speed I've had was 460KBps)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #81
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
I'm thinking no matter how you look at it, I may had overstated "modem burner" as it's not the same as it used to be, however, if you are still on dial up for some reason or a very slow network, I like to give warning that there are a lot of photos and it could take awhile to load
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote