Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #46
wilke1969
wilke1969 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak pp
Upgrades

So my replacement pocket pro came yesterday, and I upgraded the 12-11-09 firmware. Does that include the older upgrades? Or do I need more?
Help.
Susan
wilke1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #47
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilke1969 View Post
So my replacement pocket pro came yesterday, and I upgraded the 12-11-09 firmware. Does that include the older upgrades? Or do I need more?
Help.
Susan
Any Upgrade you do is a FULL replacement of what was there.
So NO older versions need be loaded.
Loading an older version afterwards, is a version rollback.
IMHO Keep a copy of the latest version you were happy with.. Just in case.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 12:33 AM   #48
RobertP
RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just wanted to introduce myself. I don't own any ebook reader right now but after reading about the ezreader for a few days, I will most likely end up buying the 5" pocket pro edition. It looks great.

I am still debating whether I should order it now or wait about a month until I visit Florida and have it shipped to my address over there. Shipping to Canada costs more than I thought; I will save around $20 if I wait and ship it to my address in the US. I'll give it a little more time.

Thanks for having these forums; I've learned a lot here.

Rob.
RobertP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:40 AM   #49
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Hi RobertP, and welcome! I don't have one yet either, but I'm hoping to get one in the next couple weeks. Robert from Astak posted here earlier that they will be offering the pocket pro with a free light if you order between Jan. 30 and Valentine's day. I'm guessing that adds to the shipping by a few dollars, but it's just something you might like to be aware of. Also, if you're ever anywhere near a Car Toys, they carry them in the store, then you wouldn't have to pay shipping, although the price is a little more than ordering online.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:09 AM   #50
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Welcome to the Astak forum, RobertP! Great to see you here.
The information about the deal with the light that Davimee mentioned is in this thread. I think the Pocket Pro is a good reader and I'm sure you will be very happy with it. We have an Astak rep on the forum (called Robertb) who is usually very helpful. Also there are other friendly and helpful folks here. Feel free to post any questions or comments in the forum. Look forward to seeing you around!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #51
Katerina1623
Katerina1623 began at the beginning.

Device: Astek Ez Reader Pro
Just Saying Hi :)

Hey everyone!

After months and months of debate with myself and saving up money, I just received my Pocket Pro (in purple) today in the mail! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself and just wanted pop in and say hi to everyone.. especially since I'll be cruising these forums for a while to find all sorts of fun things to do with my new reader... like start debating the lbook update

Hi to everyone out there in cyber ereader land!
Katerina1623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #52
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katerina1623 View Post
Hey everyone!

After months and months of debate with myself and saving up money, I just received my Pocket Pro (in purple) today in the mail! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself and just wanted pop in and say hi to everyone.. especially since I'll be cruising these forums for a while to find all sorts of fun things to do with my new reader... like start debating the lbook update

Hello, Katrina!
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #53
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katerina1623 View Post
Hey everyone!

Welcome! I think you'll love your purple pocket pro! I've got the purple one too, and it's great! I read more now than I did before I had one, as it's so much more convenient than reading paperbacks. Welcome to the forums!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #54
GregS
Zealot
GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ Reader 5", Iliad
Looking to the future

Dear all, recently I havce been looking at some new epub reading Blio ereader/ and I think this may be the way to go if it is commercially viable for EZreader.

I find the current software stable and very servicable, however there are a few shortcomings (shared with every other ereading software with the exception of Firefox's add-on and mobipocket -- as far as I have tested so far). It is simply the inability to use <q> quote markup. I have no problem coding my epubs as <q class="dq"> and class "sq" double and single quotes, what I cannot do is get the actual quote mark placed via CSS.

Hence replication old fashioned block paragraph quote marks is relatively easy (that is no mark on the ending paragraphs until the last paragraph, adding in attributed "voices" to quotes via their element is something I need to do for my epubs to have lasting value for the future.

Blio ereader/ does all this, plus has a really nice natural reading voice, it has one other virtue, the software is designed to be cut down from a fully blown colour real layout desktop reader down to a scroll by phone monochrome ereader. What you get for the EZreader is a more complete CSS recognition, which would be useful for better quality epubs and perhaps even a little extra control over the display of text by the reader.

SO there is my suggestion, the Blio ereader/ has not been released yet but bears some careful scrutiny.
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #55
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Not likely to be able to run on an Astak device. There is an article in the wiki on Blio which was introduced in January at CES by Microsoft. This will likely only run on Microsoft platforms such as WinCE.

Have you tried an EZReader which is much better than your Sony. If not then there is no way you can know if it is any better than EZReader or not.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:47 AM   #56
GregS
Zealot
GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ Reader 5", Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Not likely to be able to run on an Astak device. There is an article in the wiki on Blio which was introduced in January at CES by Microsoft. This will likely only run on Microsoft platforms such as WinCE.
From the Blio site (FAQ section):

Quote:
Blio is designed to run on most desktops, laptops, netbooks and tablets. For 2010, Blio will run on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile and iPhone operating systems.

I have an EZreader 5" and use it daily, I am not only fond of it I recommend it to all and sundry. I have tested my epubs on it but not on the Sony, also with the same results on Adobe's Digital Reader, I have seen the Blio in action (via video presentations) and also hear something about its specs (re HTML 5and CSS3) -- there is nothing even close to it for epubs.

Last edited by GregS; 05-18-2010 at 01:52 AM. Reason: left out para
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #57
Tiresias
Tiresias began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader 6
Ordered the EZReader 6" a few days ago at ezreader.com. Paid with Paypal with two-day shipping. My bank says funds have been transferred. And from Astak? Nada. Silence. No e-mail confirmation. No hint of awareness of my purchase. Am I just being impatient or what?
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #58
rrrlakin
shu-shu
rrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: two Astak PP/various kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Ordered the EZReader 6" a few days ago at ezreader.com. Paid with Paypal with two-day shipping. My bank says funds have been transferred. And from Astak? Nada. Silence. No e-mail confirmation. No hint of awareness of my purchase. Am I just being impatient or what?
If a few days ago means more than three, then with two day shipping you ought to have it by now. For some reason, if you pay with paypal you don't get automatic shipping confirmation. Don't know exactly why. Call customer service at Astak. They do good work.

Bob Roberts
rrrlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #59
shellz786
shellz786 began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Astak 6 inch ez Reader Plus. What is the release date for this model? If I order it directly from manufacturer, what would be the return policy?
shellz786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #60
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
If this thread is still followed,
How much battery life does the astak ez reader pro have? (week, month...?)
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote