Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
mjmuk
mjmuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Rogue error message

Have produced epub using Sigil 0.7.0 and when I validate I get two errors relating to the use of <blockquote> & </blockquote>

<blockquote> 'error' is: text not allowed here; expected element "address", "blockquote", "del", "div", "dl", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "ins", "noscript", "ns:svg", "ol", "p", "pre", "script", "table" or "ul" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")

</blockquote> 'error is: element "blockquote" incomplete; expected element "address", "blockquote", "del", "div", "dl", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "ins", "noscript", "ns:svg", "ol", "p", "pre", "script", "table" or "ul" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")

All the xhtml files validate without errors as does the CSS as does the epub inside of Sigil.

ePubs performs fine on every platform I have tested it on. Is this a rogue error message?

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards

Mike
mjmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
mjmuk
mjmuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Duh!!!!! I spent far too long looking at the screen!!! Fixed by using correct coding!!!
mjmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
A lot better than doing a search and replace that obliterates 5 hours of unsaved work!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote