Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #1426
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@maxjens Whilst I'm very receptive to, and indeed implement, most requests please bear in mind that the list is a request/wish list rather than a to do list.
Ah offcourse one can only wish. In one of your posts you stated "I will put it on my list of things to do". I like what you created and the fact that you let us suggest possible improvements. Will wait and see what you add or create next.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #1427
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
I must have really liked the idea Thanks for understanding.
Advert
Old 05-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #1428
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello everyone. Version 1.5.5 is out. You can read about it here: http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/49858122261
Old 05-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #1429
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hello everyone. Version 1.5.5 is out. You can read about it here: http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/49858122261
@kguil, looks good. Loading seems faster, cannot compare it anymore. Did the update.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:44 AM   #1430
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Would it be possible to implement a select all/select none anywhere in the app? If not in the ODPS, then atleast in the main lists of books when creating collections. It would save me sooooo much time since I have a large collection of books and getting the books onto my device for Marvin in-bulk can take an entire afternoon, if not all day (it's not that I have thousands and thousands of books, it's more like iExplorer takes FOREVER to transfer files to my iPad Mini). Using ODPS to select one book at a time takes even longer.

On a side note - some of my books show up in Marvin without a cover. They have a cover in Calibre. If I transfer the same book to iTunes/iBooks, it has a cover. I tried putting the cover in Marvin along with the ebook file just in case that might fix it, but alas, it didn't.
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 04:26 AM   #1431
kguil
Addict

anesthezea, you mean a select all/none in the library screen for bulk editing? Also, the OPDS browser lets you bulk download books, it might help. One more thing, I've found that iFunBox tends to copy files much faster than iExplorer.

Putting the cover file next to Marvin doesn't help - the cover must be in the book. Sometimes, seeing a cover in calibre doesn't necessarily mean that it is in the book. On the other hand if exactly the same EPUB file shows a cover in iBooks but not in Marvin, then it is something I can fix. Would you send me an email so we investigate this/get it fixed?
Old 05-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #1432
maxjens
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by anesthezea View Post
On a side note - some of my books show up in Marvin without a cover. They have a cover in Calibre. If I transfer the same book to iTunes/iBooks, it has a cover. I tried putting the cover in Marvin along with the ebook file just in case that might fix it, but alas, it didn't.
@anesthzea if you use Calibre then the cover isn't send if it is seperate from the ebook. This is known to the maker of calibre and should be fixed soon. You can also use a tool called Cops, it needs Apache, but it gives you an opds connection to your calibre library. It has a setting to add the latest metadata to your ebook including the cover.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:05 AM   #1433
ABW
ABW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
kguil, Firstly let me thank you for an excellent app!
You said a year ago that Caliber server support is coming very soon.
Any update?
Old 05-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #1434
maxjens
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABW View Post
kguil, Firstly let me thank you for an excellent app!
You said a year ago that Caliber server support is coming very soon.
Any update?
Hi, if you usethe opdf connection then you can connect to the calibre server.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #1435
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Nice update, Kris... but I'm still hanging out for the iPhone app. Just not using the iPad to read on anymore (when mini ipad goes retina that will change...). Its the phone all the way, and still (heaven help me) Stanza... Hanging out for iphone version of Marvin!!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #1436
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
anesthezea, you mean a select all/none in the library screen for bulk editing? Also, the OPDS browser lets you bulk download books, it might help. One more thing, I've found that iFunBox tends to copy files much faster than iExplorer.

Putting the cover file next to Marvin doesn't help - the cover must be in the book. Sometimes, seeing a cover in calibre doesn't necessarily mean that it is in the book. On the other hand if exactly the same EPUB file shows a cover in iBooks but not in Marvin, then it is something I can fix. Would you send me an email so we investigate this/get it fixed?
Yes, for bulk editing. I like my collections to be on the main library menu page I'm too lazy to click the Subjects link to bring up that submenu. Plus I have a lot of tags and while that's awesome for Calibre or my Kindle, I find it a bit much in Marvin. I'd rather bulk edit things from my subjects into larger collections.

I think I will leave the ODPS for when I have a small handful of new books and don't feel like hooking the iPad up to the computer. For very large libraries all-at-once, that's too consuming for me. I don't know why I tried it that way. Ugh.

I will check out iFunBox. Thanks for the tip! iExplorer is soooooo slow! I will email you about the cover issue Thanks do much for your help and feedback.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #1437
anesthezea
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjens View Post
@anesthzea if you use Calibre then the cover isn't send if it is seperate from the ebook. This is known to the maker of calibre and should be fixed soon. You can also use a tool called Cops, it needs Apache, but it gives you an opds connection to your calibre library. It has a setting to add the latest metadata to your ebook including the cover.
I am afraid I have no idea how to use or set up COPS. Is that like ODPS?
Old 05-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #1438
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
I'm with Kyteflyer! I'm anxiously waiting for the iPhone version of Marvin so I can sync my books... Mini for reading at home, iPhone for reading away from home!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #1439
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Kris: I don't recall if I asked for this already, but can we have a gesture for the extra dimming option?
Old 05-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #1440
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
To set up COPS (Calibre OPDS (and HTML) PHP Server) check this website.

Also see this forum.

As stated on the frist website I mentioned, to instal COPS you need:

* A web server with PHP support (Nginx, Apache, Cherokee, Lighttpd, IIS).
* PHP 5.3 / 5.4 with GD image processing & SQLite3 support.
* The path to a Calibre library (metadata.db, format, & cover files).

COPS also runs on Synology NAS devices and other small NASses as long as they have, or you can install a webserver with PHP on it.
Closed Thread