Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Latest Firmware and Font Suggestion?

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've logged onto MR and it's been so long since I've checked up on any updates for my Pocket Pro (5").

What's the latest firmware for my Pocket Pro now? I see the EZReader site no longer is online and I can't find anywhere official where I could get the latest firmware download. Any one have a link?

Also, I'm rather tired of the thin fonts my PP offers. Any sans serif font suggestions that have bolder typefaces (something that would offer similar readability to the Kindles and whatnot mainstream)?
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've logged onto MR and it's been so long since I've checked up on any updates for my Pocket Pro (5").

What's the latest firmware for my Pocket Pro now? I see the EZReader site no longer is online and I can't find anywhere official where I could get the latest firmware download. Any one have a link?

Also, I'm rather tired of the thin fonts my PP offers. Any sans serif font suggestions that have bolder typefaces (something that would offer similar readability to the Kindles and whatnot mainstream)?
See my comments here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=23
Just no TTS, otherwise it behaves nicely
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Hi
Does the firmware you found let you enlarge the font size. If so how much? I have been thinking of getting one of these. I need to be able to enlarge the fonts sometimes when I am reading

thanks for your comments
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
Hi
Does the firmware you found let you enlarge the font size. If so how much? I have been thinking of getting one of these. I need to be able to enlarge the fonts sometimes when I am reading

thanks for your comments
9 levels
It looks like a better version of the last FW the PEZ was built with. (BTW it had NO MP# or TTS)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
See my comments here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=23
Just no TTS, otherwise it behaves nicely
Yes I know this is an old thread.

Do you, or does anyone, have a copy of the firmware on hand they can send me or link for me? I just got a pocketpro and I would like to have more than 4 font sizes. The biggest is a little too small for my taste.

Thanks!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Thanks to a very nice mobileread member, I was able to get hold of the firmware update I wanted, and successfully updated my PEZ. Then in an experiment, I added my favorite font in a folder named "fonts" and that worked! I now have 9 font sizes, I think. Though I wish there was an in-between size. Still, I love the way the text is displayed on the PEZ. And I love the folders and subfolders I can put on it. And it's eink! Too bad the company is long gone, this is really a nice ereader.

No it doesn't seem to have worked, adding fonts. In fact even all the onboard fonts look exactly the same LOL

Last edited by booklover6; 07-21-2013 at 08:32 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #7
ricardo_6ik
ricardo_6ik began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader
Need Latest Firmware

Hello All:

This holidays I "inherited" an 5" EZReader from a family member.

Mr. BookLover (or anyone else)
Can you help with the FirmWare you mentioned in this thead
ricardo_6ik is offline   Reply With Quote