Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #376
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
I can't believe how frustrated I am with the Comixology app. It won't let me sign in, even though I had the correct password. I reset the password and it still won't let me log in the app! But I can log on the web version perfectly.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #377
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I can't believe how frustrated I am with the Comixology app. It won't let me sign in, even though I had the correct password. I reset the password and it still won't let me log in the app! But I can log on the web version perfectly.
Hi I personally do not use the comixolgy app for my comic book reading.
I use two different STAND ALONE readers that both support the digital comic OPEN standard formats of .CBR & .CBZ

They are the perfect viewer app

and the comic reader mobi app

Both are android native apps that run on the kindle fire
with these I am able to leverage my existing& rapidly growing
Digital comic book collection of over 1000 titles that I used to read on my
laptop.
were it not for it being a "firmware locked" app on the Fire, I
would have already deleted comixology 6 months ago.

Cheers
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #378
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
Hi I personally do not use the comixolgy app for my comic book reading.
I use two different STAND ALONE readers that both support the digital comic OPEN standard formats of .CBR & .CBZ

They are the perfect viewer app

and the comic reader mobi app

Both are android native apps that run on the kindle fire
with these I am able to leverage my existing& rapidly growing
Digital comic book collection of over 1000 titles that I used to read on my
laptop.
were it not for it being a "firmware locked" app on the Fire, I
would have already deleted comixology 6 months ago.

Cheers
thanks i'll give that a spin ...oh, but i get my digital comics from comixology as well. may i ask where you get yours?

by the way, readability vs pocket?? i'm not sure which to really use. at the moment, i've got both on my KF, but maintaining two apps that do almost the same thing can be confusing.

Last edited by wyndslash; 05-27-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #379
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I bought Smart Writing Tool - 7notes Premium for my grandson's Fire yesterday. It's a handwriting recognition app that seems to work pretty well.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #380
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
I saw last night that this has officially been released. I don't know if anyone is interested or not but thought I would post it.

http://fireapps.blogspot.com/2012/06...n-release.html
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2012, 02:59 AM   #381
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
My favorite new game to play on my Fire is "Safe Trip or Not"

Its currently only on Google Play store but I was able to successfully sideload the APK from my Droid Razr to my Fire.

Its the classic French card game "Mille Bornes"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mille_Bornes

just not the officially licensed but their own version of it. But it plays exactly the same. You can play with another person or with multiple CPU opponents at different difficulty levels.

Lots of strategy and changes every time and never gets boring

If you have access to the Android Market/Google Play store you can get it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #382
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Question GoToApp

This app lets you organize apps into folders, including child folders. I downloaded it a couple of days ago and so far really like it. However, I can't figure our how to use child folders and the help function is amost useless. Any users out there who can help me out?
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #383
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Not sure if this had been mentioned but I installed this app yesterday

HoverNote

I sometime come across a really brilliant quote when reading a book or novel and like to copy it to a note
this app runs in the background and can be called up from your notification bar
and Floats a simple not taking window on top of your current app of book reader
it is very handy.

Cheers
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #384
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
My favorite new game to play on my Fire is "Safe Trip or Not"
Thanks for posting this. I've been playing it to death over the last few days. It's always been my favorite card game since back in the 128k Mac days.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:59 AM   #385
wyndslash
Wizard

i'm still trying to figure out how to sideload google play apps without rooting my KF :C
Old 06-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #386
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
i'm still trying to figure out how to sideload google play apps without rooting my KF :C
SIDELOADING them is easy...first, get the app's apk file....then copy it to your Fire and install it, just like any other third party apk.

But if you mean directly getting apps from the Play store on the Fire, I don' t think that can be done without rooting.

ApK
(no relation)
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #387
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
SIDELOADING them is easy...first, get the app's apk file....then copy it to your Fire and install it, just like any other third party apk.

But if you mean directly getting apps from the Play store on the Fire, I don' t think that can be done without rooting.

ApK
(no relation)
This post tells how to get an apk (no relation) off some Google certified device, like an Android phone. It uses Dropbox to move the apk file, though you could use other wireless methods, or move via USB cable.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #388
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post

ApK
(no relation)
the problem is that some of the links direct me to the google play store. it's quite frustrating, but i'll try to search deeper.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #389
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
the problem is that some of the links direct me to the google play store. it's quite frustrating, but i'll try to search deeper.
If that functionality is important to you, why not just root and install Google services? It's not hard, and more convenient than any side-loading workaround you're likely to find.

And if I'm not mistaken, you can install the Google apps, then unroot (to get Amazon video back), and you'll be golden, until the next Fire update, at least.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 06-26-2012 at 09:27 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #390
wyndslash
Wizard

thanks, i'll try it out. i'm rather annoyed that some apps for the android need improvement it's like they just developed it for the sake of having an android version of their app