Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Lefanu
Lefanu began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
Problem with internal memory/sd card

Hi everyone!
I'm going a bit crazy here so if you could help me, that would be great.
I acquired a pocketbook IQ 701 a few days ago. I had bought a SD card because I planned to put some videos in it. Today, I was downloading/installing a bunch of apps when I got a message warning me that the internal memory was low and that I couldn't install the app.
I don't understand, except opera and dolphin, everything else is put on the sd card.
So, what's the problem and more so, what's the solution?
Lefanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
Lefanu

Me again, after removing the sd card, I tested my apps and they were almost all working which means that somehow they got installed on the internal memory. Why I don't know.
Do you know how can I transfer them from the internal memory to the sd card?
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
You can user either App2SD which is quite Easy to handle but still needs some space on internal memory, or Link2SD which moves everything to th SD except a link for the system where to look, which increases Space tremendously, but you have to do a special partitioning and formatting with your SD,
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:30 AM   #4
Lefanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
You can user either App2SD which is quite Easy to handle but still needs some space on internal memory, or Link2SD which moves everything to th SD except a link for the system where to look, which increases Space tremendously, but you have to do a special partitioning and formatting with your SD,
Thank you! Unfortunately, those apps needs android 2.2 and my iq runs android 2.0.6. I'm currently searching a lower version of the apps or another app.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
First, welcome to the forum.

with the IQ, apps are not installed onto the external card. They are installed on "internal memory" and that is why you see the "out of memory" message.

There are ways to increase the size of the "internal memory" to accommodate more apps.

If you remove your internal microSD card and mount it on linux, you will find 2 partitions. FAT32 and either EXT3 or EXT2 depending on how it was formatted.

Your apps are installed in the EXT3/2 partition of the microSD. Therefore if you increase the EXT3/2 partition, you will gain more space for apps.

I am not sure if the method still works for the newest firmware. It worked under firmware 2.05 and 2.06.

Bear in mind that if you make your EXT3/2 partition too large, your IQ will become unstable.

If you search "out of memory" in the older threads, you will find a way to increase your EXT3/2 partition.

Cheers

Last edited by hiaig; 11-08-2011 at 10:49 AM.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
Lefanu

Thank you for all the info. Would changing the microSD for a bigger one work?
Old 11-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #7
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefanu View Post
Thank you for all the info. Would changing the microSD for a bigger one work?
Nope, you need to make the EXT2/3 partition larger.

Start by reading Coredump-EE's thread on 2.05 Firmware and take it from there.

Cheers
Old 11-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is a patch to make App2SD work. Just flash it
Old 11-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #9
Lefanu

Quote:
There is a patch to make App2SD work. Just flash it
Okay, I know I sound stupid but how to you flash an app? I'm new this whole android system.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #10
troll05
Harmless idiot

Like a new FW. Most of these patches are flashable so ever noob can get it done

BTW, the same way you can get rid of this annoying startup loge following this thread
Old 11-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
Lefanu

Thanks! Super user (or super utilisateur in French) is installed but no apps appears on the app list. How to I access app2sd?

BTW, I'll save the tuto. This startup is awful.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #12
troll05
Harmless idiot

In "Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications" (nearly) every app you select should have the option "Move to SD". If not try the same with TB
Old 11-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #13
Lefanu

Quote:
In "Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications" (nearly) every app you select should have the option "Move to SD". If not try the same with TB
Well, I must be cursed because none of the 4 app I have installed have the option.
TB stands for Titanium Backup? I'll dl the app tomorrow, for now, it's time to sleep.
Thank you for helping me and being patient with me.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #14
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Read this topics
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127092
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...11&postcount=6

Link2SD use the external sdcard, make a partition ext3 max 500mb, then link applications to external card except apk who require root. If you have flashed A2Sd remove script before install Link2SD.

Last edited by pippopelo; 11-18-2011 at 01:04 PM.
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #15
hiaig
Addict

loveposting,

Have a look at the post and links above you (post #14).

The Pocket IQ installs apps on an EXT2/3 partition in the internal microSD card. The external SD card is only used to store data (videos, music, books etc.).

What you need to do is to expand the EXT2/3 partition in your internal microSD card. There are a number of threads in this forum on how to do that, including #14 in this thread.

Cheers