Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #1
JonnyG
JonnyG began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Getting pictures on my CM7 nook

When I first got my NC I loaded a bunch of pictures (forgot how I did it).

Now I am running CM7 on SD card

Can't figure out how to get pictures on the SD card or emmc for that matter.

1) First attempt: used file manager on NC to create folder on SD card called "pictures". Then power down NC. Put SD card in computer. Went to copy pictures onto the SD card in the folder I created.

Problem A - my SD card couldn't hold the pictures as they were too big. Strange because when I put pictures on my NC when I first got it, there was no problem putting a ton of pictures on the NC. Does the stock NC do some kind of picture compression when loading pictures?

Problem B - since the size was a problem I just copied 2 pictures onto the SD card in the folder I created. Put the SD card back in the NC. But for some reason I can't see the JPEG files I just loaded on to the SD card. Tried Gallery, tried Just Pictures, tried just looking at File Manager for the folder I created and the picture were not there? Ughhhhhh!

So could use some guidance on how to get JPEG pictures from my PC to my NC with CM7 on SD card and second question is how to handle large JPEG files (given pictures these days tend to be big files).

Thx
JonnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyG View Post
When I first got my NC I loaded a bunch of pictures (forgot how I did it).

Now I am running CM7 on SD card

Can't figure out how to get pictures on the SD card or emmc for that matter.

1) First attempt: used file manager on NC to create folder on SD card called "pictures". Then power down NC. Put SD card in computer. Went to copy pictures onto the SD card in the folder I created.

Problem A - my SD card couldn't hold the pictures as they were too big. Strange because when I put pictures on my NC when I first got it, there was no problem putting a ton of pictures on the NC. Does the stock NC do some kind of picture compression when loading pictures?

Problem B - since the size was a problem I just copied 2 pictures onto the SD card in the folder I created. Put the SD card back in the NC. But for some reason I can't see the JPEG files I just loaded on to the SD card. Tried Gallery, tried Just Pictures, tried just looking at File Manager for the folder I created and the picture were not there? Ughhhhhh!

So could use some guidance on how to get JPEG pictures from my PC to my NC with CM7 on SD card and second question is how to handle large JPEG files (given pictures these days tend to be big files).

Thx
This same problem appears here over and over and over again!

IF you put CyanogenMod on an SD card you CAN NOT simply plug that card into a card reader to put media on it. A CM7 SD card has four partitions and the only one that Windows sees is the boot partition, and that is way too small to add media to. The fourth partition is where you put media, And you may have to expand it to the full capacity of the card if it has not already been done. Windows can not see the fourth partition on a normal SD card reader because Windows Explorer only shows the first active partition. Just leave the CM7 SD card in the Nook and connect the Nook to your PC via USB or Wifi. If you connect via USB just tell Android to show Windows the SD card as USB storage and it will show Windows ONLY the media storage /sdcard partition. Just tap the USB Icon on the status bar and select "Turn on USB storage" after the USB cable is connected up. Problem B will go away when you actually put your JPG photos on the SD card, and multi megabyte JPG images should not be a problem. I use the path /sdcard/DCIM but that is a holdover from the location the camera on my Desire puts pictures.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
JonnyG
JonnyG began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Thanks Dave that did the trick

For some reason my little usb icon on the bottom of the nook screen would not do anything when I tapped it. Finally I expanded the bottom somehow and the turn USB option showed as a full row on the NC so I could properly "tap" it. PC recognized things from there and no problem doing a copy of my pics on the PC folder over to the usb connected NC.

The NC is pretty impressive with CM7 and a little patience.
JonnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
You expanded the bottom by hitting the notifications button, the broken circle with an arrow. That screen is where you interact with notifications (such as USB) and turn Wi-Fi or bluetooth on and off (or longpress the respective icons to go to the settings for each).
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote