Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Jona
Jona began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
SAve Location after correcting the metadata

I have searched for this and failed. Perhaps I am not searching the right terms. So forgive me if I am rehashing.

Generally when I import books the meta data / file names are in pretty bad shape. I take the time to go in and fix everything, but when I go to the location of the library on the hard drive the book is stored in a folder that is based on the original bad data. I am sure this should not bother me but it does as I read a lot if series.
The question: Once I correct the meta data what do I have to do to get Calibre to correct the file path/structure? I have come up with some creative maths, but I am hoping for a safe low hassle way to do this.

Thanks in advance
Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jona View Post
The question: Once I correct the meta data what do I have to do to get Calibre to correct the file path/structure? I have come up with some creative maths, but I am hoping for a safe low hassle way to do this.
Calibre corrects the file structure to match your metadata immediately. I just verified this by changing the author name and immediately clicking on the click to open link in book details.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Jona

Hmm I will double check perhaps I am missing it but I am pretty sure I am not. Is it supposed to follow the save to disk string? Perhaps I am making a bad assumption about the intended function.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jona View Post
Hmm I will double check perhaps I am missing it but I am pretty sure I am not. Is it supposed to follow the save to disk string? Perhaps I am making a bad assumption about the intended function.
No it doesn't go by any template. Most folks, by default, will see the following.

Code:
CalibreLibrary\Jane Austen\Pride And Prejudice (2165)\Pride And Prejudice - Jane Austen.epub
Author\Title\title - author.epub

As either the Author field or the Title field changes the above will change. The internal structure of calibre's database isn't customizable.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
Jona

I was pretty sure that I read about the lack of customization there but did not put it together with my perceived issues at the time. Thanks for clarifying. I really appreciate it.
Advert