Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
takefive
takefive began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Remove accents from letters

I have a russian book in which all words have the stress explicitly marked by using an acute accent on the vowel on which the stress falls. This confuses the dictionary lookup, probably because it isn't able to match the accented letters to the normal ones.

Because of this, I would like to get rid of the accents, i.e. replace а́ with a, е́ with е, and so on. Is there a way to do this? Thanks
takefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
One of the options in calibre's conversion dialog is to "Transliterate unicode characters to ASCII".
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote