Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
FlyingPasta
FlyingPasta began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader
Unhappy Exactly half the screen frozen

So I was reading Inheritance (great book, by the way) and totally out of the blue - the left half of the screen froze. It's like my EZReader is having a stroke or something. It remains so when I switch pages, lock it, turn it off and charge it. Like dead pixels or something. Here's the picture:

http://i.imgur.com/s0MUq.jpg

Sorry for the terrible quality.

Anyone know what's up?
And sorry if I posted in the wrong section.
FlyingPasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:37 AM   #2
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
The screen controller has failed. Time for a new reader.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:39 AM   #3
FlyingPasta

Oh wow, I've had it for just a month...
Old 04-05-2012, 04:12 AM   #4
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Could be because of a drop, that the plug got moved a bit.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
You could try applying a firmware, it can not hurt and it is a minute possibility that it would fix it, otherwise you need to try and return it. Good luck.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
You could try applying a firmware, it can not hurt and it is a minute possibility that it would fix it, otherwise you need to try and return it. Good luck.
I would not try a firmware upgrade on a formerly working unit that is acting up in a way that the firmware was not destined to fix.

I, also would (have someone) check the Display module connector.

A pin will remove the 4 round 'feet'/plugs.
Under is a small Phillips (the battery compartment screwdriver should work).
The cable/connector is near the 'jog' swithch

Static is your enemy, be sure to be grounded while handling the insides.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PEZCircuitBoard.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	84953  
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #7
FlyingPasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I would not try a firmware upgrade on a formerly working unit that is acting up in a way that the firmware was not destined to fix.

I, also would (have someone) check the Display module connector.

A pin will remove the 4 round 'feet'/plugs.
Under is a small Phillips (the battery compartment screwdriver should work).
The cable/connector is near the 'jog' swithch

Static is your enemy, be sure to be grounded while handling the insides.
The connector was connected. I think the issue might be something inside the connector :/
Old 04-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPasta View Post
The connector was connected. I think the issue might be something inside the connector :/
Then I go with either the Screen driver is shot, or the display substrate is cracked.

Neither is good.

Last I heard, a new screen at Astak, was $80 plus shipping.

All the Pocket Pro's at geeks.com are gone so no good answers left
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

give it a while, they sometimes get out and in stock again... I hope for you... Though I think I bought one of the last sets in factory liquidation.
Do perhaps any of the newer V3's not speak to you ?
Old 04-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
rrrlakin
shu-shu
rrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: two Astak PP/various kindles
aztekcomputers appear to have some in stock for about $61 including shipping.

Bob Roberts
rrrlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #11
ProDigit
Karmaniac

I thought they where phased out?
It's a great device for the price, but the blacks aren't too black unfortunately

Tags
ezreader, frozen, half, screen