Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
kerotan
kerotan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch semi-bricked?

Here's my problem:

I uninstalled yifanlu's GUI Launcher and after the reset, I tried opening one of my books and it said that it doesn't exist/isn't there. The screen refreshed and now all of my transferred books are gone. Everything was wiped clean (including dictionaries and my clippings). Now I'm wondering why?

I did a reset to factory settings and I thought it would solve the problem, but it didn't. Now my KT started showing The selected application could not be started. Please try again. The screen almost always freezes and the only way I could make it work again is by doing a hard reset. I've noticed that it slowed very drastically compared to before it had this problem. Sometimes it doesn't even respond. What could be the problem? What should I do?
kerotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
kerotan

Also, it doesn't keep the time like it usually does. And whenever I enable and connect to wi-fi, everything becomes very slow to the point of becoming unresponsive. It also shows The selected application could not be started. Please try again. error again.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Uninstall the GUI Launcher? A reset to factory defaults does not reset modified firmware.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
kerotan

Yes, I've uninstalled the GUI Launcher, and that's when my KT started showing errors and problems (which I haven't encountered before). I've also uninstalled the jailbreak before I did the factory reset, but still, the problem persists.