Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2015, 10:19 PM   #1
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Aura & Touch
pdf graphics very slow and sliding zooms

My daughter wanted to get a book from the library on the kobo aura. It's a pdf called, The Big Test, it's a really simple book below her reading level. She started it but then it appeared to freeze. She gave it to me saying there's something wrong with it. Every minute it seemed to flicker, after a while I was able to pull up the menu.

Is it normal for graphic intensive pdf books to take a long time to go to each page?

Page refresh was set to 10 pages so I changed that to 1 page but it didn't really change much.

Also with this pdf book sliding the pages seems to zoom the page. Maybe that happens with all pdf's and is a bug in 3.12?

Anyone else experiencing the same issues? or is this normal behaviour?
christopher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:04 AM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
It's a known problem with the firmware. I started a thread about it quite a while ago; I first noticed it with firmware 3.5. My latest tests (if you bother to check the end of the thread) are with the current load.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2015, 09:17 AM   #3
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Aura & Touch
I skimmed through that thread. It does take about 12 seconds or more (haven't timed) to turn the page on the Kobo Aura.

So the gist I got was to use the KOreader instead. Hopefully Kobo will fix in 3.13
christopher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:26 PM   #4
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Well, the last thing I did was find free, non-DRM'ed PDF that could replicate the problem. Kobo folks are known to browse these forums; I'm hopeful it will illustrate the problem and lead to a solution.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote