Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Organizing folders on Boox/Neo

I'm expecting my boox in a few days and I would like to organize my books into folders so I just have to put in the sd card and I'm ready to go.

1. How many folders can the boox display on 1 screen?
2. Does it read metadata or do I have to rename the files to make sure a series displays in the correct order?

I've got them all in calibre but I think it creates a folder for each author and quite a few of them contain only 1 book. I would like to organize my folders differently. Maybe make a folder called "single titles", or group authors like "authors A-D". But to get started I need the answers to the above 2 questions.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:33 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
1. Up to 16 (depending on the view you select).
2. No metadata. As to naming the files and grouping into folders, Calibre can do a lot of the work for you in the way you want. Make sure you modify the Save properties before you do a Save to disk. Of course, if you want to have a folder for "single titles" and that kind of thing, you need to do some manual work. Howeever, Calibre can build the basic folder structure and the correct file names for you.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert