Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Warchild
Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook Color, Kobo Aura, iPad, iPad Mini
M92 Shopping Choices

I'm in the USA and I've committed to buying the M92.
I'm torn between buying the Ars Techa from Amazon $299.00, free case and 2 day delivery, or buying the booxter version from Germany.
I'd prefer the booxter software, but . . .
Most important to me, after pdf are the cbr and cbz support.
I can't find any reference to how well each one handles comics so that is an issue.
Secondly, is it ossible to root the Ars Techa version and run the booxter firmware?

Thanks
Warchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
johh
johh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I86HD ML Plus , T68
Yes it's possible to root artatech and run booxter fw. (search forum ) . Base for booxtor and artatech is the same , diffrence is in plugins and addins.
artatech - voice TTS Ivona
booxtor - voice TTS Acappela ( for now test version only )
+ artatech
artatech - cloud manager , book shopping from device ( I saw only polish site )
booxtor - - ( but you can use cloud addin from artatech details on forum )
+ artatech
artatech - crypted fw
booxtor - open
+ booxtor
booxtor - faster and more frequently updates and fixes
+ booxtor

with comics - I don't know - but should not be diffrences between artatech and booxtor with the same firmware generation.
johh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
Warchild
Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook Color, Kobo Aura, iPad, iPad Mini
jphh, many thanks
Warchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
jphh, many thanks
As for cbr/cbz support, both firmware have at least an annoying very old bug.
If you exit from reading a cbr/cbz file, it does not remember the page for next opening.
This thing, that should be very easy to fix, bother me enough to stop me from using the M92 for comics purpose.

I put some hope in Seaniko7's Obuntu effort for having a proper linux distribution for the M92.
That could end up in simply using reading softwares for linux.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote