Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Lightbulb Free (nook/Kindle) Chicago Spaces: Inspiring Interiors [Interior Design DIY Artbook]

Chicago Spaces: Inspiring Interiors from the Editors of Chicago Home + Garden Magazine by Jan Parr with a foreword by Nate Berkus (Wikipedia) is an interior design-oriented artbook full of Exactly What It Says In The Title, compiled from the titular architecture & design magazine, as well as additional tips for Trying This At Home, free courtesy of publisher Agate's Surrey imprint.

Technically, this has been previously offered free in 2013, but it's actually pretty nifty, with lots of photographs and explanations of the design choices and aesthetics, and we rarely get photo artbooks anyway, and they're making it free internationally (sort of) this time around, so I'm going to treat it as a new freebie for the purposes of the daily non-repeat thread count since it's the sort of thing that I would normally have as my feature pick anyway. Also, TBH, I really just want to take my painkillers and go back to sleep and not sort through the posting queue any more today.

Currently free, probably just for the rest of the week @ B&N (also UK) & Amazon (not available to Canadians, but free in the UK). May or may not also show up later as a DRM-free PDF download directly at the publisher's catalogue page, as Agate freebies sometimes do.

And this has been the (late!) selected 3rd (non-repeat… -ish) free ebook thread of the day.

Because I happen to like design stuff, even if I'm more oriented towards industrial, artistic-commercial, and architectural types than home decor, and this is nicely laid-out and explanatory for the DIY Gentle Readers as well as just for aesthetic appreciation, so you have both pictures to enjoy and stuff you can learn to make your own living space a slightly prettier-looking place, if you're interested, thereby incrementally improving the look of the planet.

Enjoy!

Description
With big names such as Nate Berkus and Alessandra Branca putting Chicago on the national design map, and with lesser-known (but no less talented) pros working their magic from the Gold Coast to the North Shore, Chicago teems with beautiful homes. This gorgeous coffee table book not only shows these dwellings in all their splendor but also tells the stories of how they came to be.

Compiled by the editors of Chicago Home + Garden magazine, Chicago Spaces is divided into two parts. The first features homes in their entirety, while the second focuses on specific rooms: dining rooms, living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, baths, dens, foyers, and children’s rooms.

Readers learn how these spaces came together and find tips for making changes in their own homes, as well as a directory of the area’s best furniture and accessories shops. Chicago Spaces shows readers smart ways to turn their homes into comfortable, stylish oases.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
expired freebie