Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #256
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
okay glad to help
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #257
wildcolor
Enthusiast
wildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: kindle 4nt
Does this work on the new kindle 4NT (the ones that do not support SSH)? If so, could please share how you did this????? thanks so much!!!!
wildcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #258
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcolor View Post
Does this work on the new kindle 4NT (the ones that do not support SSH)? If so, could please share how you did this????? thanks so much!!!!
All Kindles support SSH.
Some you may have to add it yourself.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #259
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcolor View Post
I don't see why this wont work on a 4.
might be a little lua tweaking required but that is all I would imagine.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #260
wildcolor
Enthusiast
wildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I don't see why this wont work on a 4.
might be a little lua tweaking required but that is all I would imagine.
Could you tell me about this please? I have tried to read everything for last 2 days. but I can't figour this out.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #261
wildcolor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
All Kindles support SSH.
Some you may have to add it yourself.
thanks for the reply. but i really can't make it work. I followed everything strictly in the wiki. the Jail Break was fine. but every time, the putty just returns a "connection was refused"....
Old 12-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #262
wildcolor
Enthusiast

Hi. I just succeeded to use the Kindle VNC viewer on my K4NT under win7 and I left what I did here just in case people like me need it.

I noticed that the kindle screen only refreshes the area that is changed with the 800x600 range. My question is is it possible to force the kindle to refresh the whole 800x600 area all the time?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #263
twobob

hmm. yeah.

while usleep 80000; do eips ''; done;

in another terminal

there may be a flag (like -force or something) but I don't 100% remember

That command above with simply FORCE a full fb update (It's not a tidy solution but it works) HTH

Oh! and keep it on external power -
full eips update for an hour or so will definitely tire your kindle (I killed one in 4 hours to death with doom once hehehe)

Last edited by twobob; 12-09-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #264
wildcolor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmm. yeah.

while usleep 80000; do eips ''; done;

in another terminal

there may be a flag (like -force or something) but I don't 100% remember

That command above with simply FORCE a full fb update (It's not a tidy solution but it works) HTH

Oh! and keep it on external power -
full eips update for an hour or so will definitely tire your kindle (I killed one in 4 hours to death with doom once hehehe)
Thanks for the response, man. But, I am not successful with the command.

So, what I did was:
1> start usbnetwork, and start putty, login with root, then type in exactly
while usleep 80000; do eips ''; done; (Is this one line with all the commas and semicolons?
2> I then started another putty, login with root, then run kvncviewer.sh

Then the kindle screen connects to the vnc but it still only refreshes the area that is changed but not the whole 600x800 area????
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #265
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
semi-colons: Yes
commas: No
And that '' is two ' not a single "

The behavior you describe is what I would expect, vnc is usually optimized to only update parts of the screen that changed.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #266
wildcolor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
semi-colons: Yes
commas: No
And that '' is two ' not a single "

The behavior you describe is what I would expect, vnc is usually optimized to only update parts of the screen that changed.
Great thanks. I actuall thought that was a single ". But I actually do not understand what does the command do. And my screen still do not update the whole frame. It only partial updates.

If I understood it correctly. The command looks a like a while loop? So it means sleep 8 second then execute the eips ' ' command????? what does do eips ' ' means?

if it doesn't update the entire frame, it leaves all sort of unwanted marks in the next frame...

Last edited by wildcolor; 12-10-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #267
wildcolor
Enthusiast

hahahahahahhaahahahahaha Great it works
The correct command should be
while usleep 80000; do eips -f ''; done;
where the ' should be two single ' s
Old 12-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #268
twobob

ditch the -f (that does a full flash)

the eips '' should suffice.

Glad to be of service.

(in the future if you are unsure if it is " or '' - simply highlight them on the page. as you can see two '' highlight differently to one " simply put if you can select between the quotes? they are single quotes

80000 micros is not 8s for the record

Description

The usleep() function suspends execution of the calling thread for (at least) usec microseconds. (it's 0.08 of a second)

Last edited by twobob; 12-10-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #269
twobob

*miss*

Last edited by twobob; 12-11-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #270
godblessfq
godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.

Device: kindle dxg
problem in web page display

Hi,
I am using TightVNC server on my desktop. I find that this viewer can't display some long wepages like
http://linux.die.net/man/1/top
or webpages with many pictures.
Does anybody know where is the problem and how to fix it?
Thanks a lot.
godblessfq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, kindle, source, viewer, vnc