Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #181
olag
olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle K3 Keyboard
Thank you guys for all you do!! I have updated the wiki with a note on the win 64bit piece. I hope this is ok. If i get any additional information from you guys I don't see I will do the same.

Thanks again!
olag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #182
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by olag View Post
Thank you guys for all you do!! I have updated the wiki with a note on the win 64bit piece. I hope this is ok. If i get any additional information from you guys I don't see I will do the same.

Thanks again!
Thank you.

It is really nice when people help out around here.
qlob did a great job of creating that page to start with.

This wiki keeps page versions, so nobody need worry about "ruining" the page, the prior version(s) are always there.

Each of the wiki pages here has a backing "discussion page" if someone feels their changes need to be discussed before being made **or** wants to keep a change log there.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #183
olag
olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

So now I have a different problem and was trying to search the forum to see if it is talked about somewhere else and seems the forum search doesnt like the string in quotes "Failed to initial flash"

So after getting to the Flash Tool and setting the settings (i.e. Operation type, settings and image), the blue bar grows and then in the bottom window it says:

"Failed to initial flash or Do not suport this Flash, please reset the target"

Any idea what the problem is now?
Thank again.

Last edited by olag; 09-24-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #184
olag

So did a google search with the terms and see this was discussed earlier in the forum so i will try to see if it was resolved and then circle back.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=186076&page=8

Sorry for a repost of earlier issue.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #185
olag

So after spending lots of time going through the different forum posts I honestly can't tell if the people with the same issue ever got there device working. I have tried all the things posted.

1. tried to flash the bootloader posted (unzipped and renamed partitiontable-header-uboot.img.gz posted by hawhill). I thought this was just what i needed as i realize that when i followed the K3noobdebrickatk guide in the given order for setting ATK settings selecting MMC/SD sets the Address to 00000000 and realize that I didn't notice this until after the Program button was pressed. Though even on that first occurance I'm pretty sure it error-ed out as I didn't even know what a success looked like until browsing a different forum stream.
On a related note there is the bootloader 3.3 but no 3.0. Yet given that i couldn't even get the 3.3 to program without the "Failed to initial..." error I guess it's kinda moot for the time being.

2. Tried switch the battery with my wife's working kindle because my device did do the connect/disconnect from computer thing that was mentioned earlier in the posts. (yet then realized it was mentioned that this connect/disconnect is normal i think due to inactivity on the line.

So I'm pretty much at my end and would greatly appreciate any other suggestions.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #186
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Hrmmmm...... Could be that the RAM kernel isn't initializing......

I don't think that anyone has solved that problem...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #187
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: O_o
Quote:
Originally Posted by opusitibm View Post
I had K3 keyboard, here is what happened.

I follow the guide in wiki and download 3.02 image, ATK recognized my K3 after several iteration of 30s and volumn button, the flash took more than 4 hours for the rootfs.bin, finally both done successfully according to ATK (over night). Now kindle is at total blank, no response to any key or power button. Charging light permanent yellow and turn off after a few hours charging, charge again appears same cycle.

One thing strange is, now my computer can recognize it as MX device and install driver automatically once connect it. But the K3 wont boot up.

This is what I did, and the same problem is happening to me now.

I followed the guide in the wiki here: bit.ly/SAsmt7
Step by step, but it wouldn't reboot.

3.0.2 kernel
3.0.2 mmcblk0p1

I don't understand what the bootloader/partition table is, or how to use it.
I guess I just put it in ATK; like the images I flashed earlier, and it should fix the boot problem?
What numbers do I type in operation settings?
Though I'm a bit afraid to try this now, since it gave opusitibm the "needs repair" error.

And I'm sorry if the solution has already been posted, I'm lost & frustrated.

Last edited by (-_-); 10-03-2012 at 11:48 PM.
(-_-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #188
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
There have been success reports. So we know that it CAN work (in some situations). This is all new stuff, so there may be undiscovered dragons that must be slayed before it works reliably for everybody.

I (and others) will have to do this for about 60 (good) demo K3 units I got off eBay. I hope we do not run into this problem.

You (or we) may need to drop down into serial mode to fix this? Not sure yet.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #189
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
There have been success reports. So we know that it CAN work (in some situations). This is all new stuff, so there may be undiscovered dragons that must be slayed before it works reliably for everybody.

I (and others) will have to do this for about 60 (good) demo K3 units I got off eBay. I hope we do not run into this problem.

You (or we) may need to drop down into serial mode to fix this? Not sure yet.

Light is still not green.
I guess there's nothing I can do.
I Followed the directions exactly, up to the "unplug and reboot".

Flash said "successful"
I clicked "quit"
I did not see "safe remove" to click (Is that where I killed it? Didn't safe remove, just unplugged?)

My K3 was a demo unit I was trying to un-demo, so I don't think it was a very unusual situation. I did see a success report that said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
THANK YOU!!! I have followed the guide at the wiki and flashed the Demo 3g Keyboard kindle to the fully functional 3.0.2 firmware!

Took a while for it to reboot after it was flashed, but all is well that ends well.
Same thing, different results.
How'd they fix the boot issue I wonder?

Please forgive my complaining, I can't stop thinking about this.

Be sure to keep us updated on your demo debricking GM, maybe you can discover something.

Last edited by (-_-); 10-04-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #190
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-_-) View Post

Light is still not green.
Lets take this one small step at a time -

Q? Is the software working properly?
Q? What controls the light and its color?

A1: No
A2: The software.

Q? If what controls the light and its color is known to not be working correctly;
can you trust that the light and its color correctly displays the current battery and charger status?

A3: Left as a student logic exercise.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #191
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Lets take this one small step at a time -

Q? Is the software working properly?
Q? What controls the light and its color?

A1: No
A2: The software.

Q? If what controls the light and its color is known to not be working correctly;
can you trust that the light and its color correctly displays the current battery and charger status?

A3: Left as a student logic exercise.

A3: NO

Maybe I'll just retry the debricking process.

Or...
Maybe I can try flashing the partition table hawhill made, and put a DONT_HALT_ON_REPAIR file on the K3, to avoid the "needs repair" screen. What to type in ATK address fields?

Presently the kindle is still stuck in usb downloader mode I believe.

........I don't know what I'm doing

Thanks for reading my posts.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #192
opusitibm
opusitibm began at the beginning.

Device: K3, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
After hours of hard work (the computer was doing most of it) i found dasmoover's original image. Should i still upload it somewhere?
Hey, have you posted the image somewhere? appreciate you can provide a link.. thanks
opusitibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #193
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by opusitibm View Post
Hey, have you posted the image somewhere? appreciate you can provide a link.. thanks
Do not publicly post the link. PM me with it so I can add it to the pastebin.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #194
felonwan
Enthusiast
felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle 3G
I put a chinese edition in the wiki

I put a Chinese edition in the wiki: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K3noobdebrickatk/zh-cn, but I don't know how to link it there: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K3noobdebrickatk. Can anybody help?

In this Chinese edition, I separated the preparation part (downloading the images and installing the softwares) and the part using ATK to program the flash. I also add the method of checking battery using a LED and a resistor in the last part.
felonwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #195
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by felonwan View Post
I put a Chinese edition in the wiki: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K3noobdebrickatk/zh-cn, but I don't know how to link it there: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K3noobdebrickatk. Can anybody help?

In this Chinese edition, I separated the preparation part (downloading the images and installing the softwares) and the part using ATK to program the flash. I also add the method of checking battery using a LED and a resistor in the last part.
Super!
Thanks for your time and work.

Somebody will fix the link for you.

Tags
debrick, debricking, howto, kindle 3