Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #61
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
@f-j-p, k3w, All hack updated to support 3.3 and available at my site in download area:
http://www.siralex.info/downloads/
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #62
f-j-p
f-j-p began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
@f-j-p, k3w, All hack updated to support 3.3 and available at my site in download area:
Sir Alex, perfect! It works again.

Only, the European file didn't include the German ö, ü, ä, ß, etc. But I still had the old file and used that one. Maybe you can add this as alternative into your zip file.

f-j-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:04 AM   #63
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
European file does not, as far as I know.
You have to modify the config.txt to include whatever you like. Have a look at mexxbooks.com to get a german description how to do...
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #64
K3w
K3w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wireless
@Sir Alex: Thanks. Works great at 3.3.
K3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:56 AM   #65
paulohcarvalho
paulohcarvalho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Portuguese

I make a *.keyb file to portuguese language.
Sir Alex, what you tink if we make a protuguese locate menu?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42725096/Portuguese.keyb
paulohcarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #66
mizundra
mizundra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3G
Hello

I have American K3 Keyboard [B006] and jailbreaked it with successfully. Now I would install polish keyboard but update_keybru_0.05_k3g_install.bin in mystery way disappear from disc. Really, it is so much weird.

I copy 2 file to root folder:
update_keybru_0.05_k3g_install.bin
Polish.keyb

later I unmount device, go to setting > menu > etc and trying push "update your kindle", but this option is disabled. When I plug Kindle again, there is only Polish.keyb and update_keybru_0.05_k3g_install.bin burnt off.

I do not know what might be causing. Could anyone help?

Additional clue: When I jailbreaked Kindle, I install update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g_install.bin

Last edited by mizundra; 04-12-2012 at 07:23 AM.
mizundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #67
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
@Sir Alex I've been on v3.4 (1725970040) for two days and I am already missing keybru. Any chance to get an update?

(BTW I was using it to enter accented letters in french category names)

EDIT 2012-10-01: Ten days and no response... ah well, I guess this is to be expected from such an old thread. I the mean time I am using the Calibre "Kindle Collections" plugin to manually manage my Kindle collection names. There, I can use all unicode characters.

Last edited by PoP; 10-01-2012 at 07:05 AM.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #68
alfarhan
Enthusiast
alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Any chance to add Arabic Keyboard?
alfarhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #69
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
On Kindle 2 ? I doubt it.
It's possible on Kindle 3 and Kindle 4 though.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #70
alfarhan
Enthusiast
alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
How can i add an Arabic Keyboard to my Kindle Paperwhite? Thank you
alfarhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #71
ghudod
Connoisseur
ghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toys

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizundra View Post
Hello

I have American K3 Keyboard [B006] and jailbreaked it with successfully. Now I would install polish keyboard but update_keybru_0.05_k3g_install.bin in mystery way disappear from disc. Really, it is so much weird.

I copy 2 file to root folder:
update_keybru_0.05_k3g_install.bin
Polish.keyb

later I unmount device, go to setting > menu > etc and trying push "update your kindle", but this option is disabled. When I plug Kindle again, there is only Polish.keyb and update_keybru_0.05_k3g_install.bin burnt off.

I do not know what might be causing. Could anyone help?

Additional clue: When I jailbreaked Kindle, I install update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g_install.bin
Same were, with 3.4 firmware. Any news for 3.4 owners?
Regards.
ghudod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #72
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Have a look at this thread from post #85 you will find some physical keyboard examples that you can modify to create arabic (or any other Unicode character set) keyboard.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read carefully, would only work for a Kindle Keyboard.

Last edited by PoP; 02-22-2013 at 10:19 PM.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #73
Scaevola
Scaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3
It's not compatible with 3.4, could you provide an update?
Scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote