Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #181
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcmdrx View Post
Ive been trying to enable landscape mode in teh web browser of the touch with no luck. Will this be able to give me a landscape usability for web browsing html?
No, the CoolReader engine doesn't have any online web browsing functionality AFAIK.

I think varnie said he's been working on landscape mode but that wouldn't help for offline browsing as you can't currently click links in HackedUpReader.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #182
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I uploaded a new version of the HackedUpReaderExtension:
https://github.com/bhaak/HackedUpRea...sion/downloads

Now there is zero time penalty when opening the KindleLauncher.

Everything is postponed until you actually open up the extension's menu and then it will only collect the files of a single directory for each sub menu separately.

Also, there is a new submenu that shows the last 10 books that have been put onto the device. Although opening this menu will take some time if you have thousands of books on your Kindle Touch.
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #183
Abradoks
Abradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle Touch
Here is kindlet variant of launcher. Just copy "runner" folder to USB drive’s root and cr3runner.azw2 to documents. You need Kindlet Jailbreak to run it.

Source code included. It's very simple and can be adopted to run anything else.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cr3runner.zip (19.9 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by Abradoks; 08-06-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Abradoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #184
FrigoCoder
FrigoCoder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FrigoCoder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FrigoCoder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I'm using HackedUpReader 0.2.0 with HackedUpReaderLauncher modified to accomodate its new path, the newest .css files from CoolReader3, and I'm enjoying every single moment of it.

I've got nice directory structure support instead of Amazon's amazing idea of a flat trashbin, proper epub (yay fanfics \o/), html and rtf support, proper style control including hinting, gamma, kerning, or even .css control if I really want to.

Thank you all for your hard work, I really appreciate your efforts into making this device into a usable e-book reader!
FrigoCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #185
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Hi there!
Just uploaded a new version.
A few changes:
1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobim View Post
Hello varnie,
alphabetical order would be nice.
done. now books appear in an alphabetical order in the Books Dialogue.
2) As I mentioned earlier, I managed to enable "album orientation" mode (along with the others) in the reader. It was already implemented.
From now you can choose one of four "internal page modes":
album orientation mode, page orientation mode, etc from the Settings Dialogue.
This feature is kinda experimental so please check it out and write back! Cheers!
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #186
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can you make a .bin file? I don't know how to install.
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #187
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
done. now books appear in an alphabetical order in the Books Dialogue.
Awesome, thanks a lot! Now I just have to find the time to try out this baby...
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #188
bhaak
Groupie

Quote:
2) As I mentioned earlier, I managed to enable "album orientation" mode (along with the others) in the reader. It was already implemented.
From now you can choose one of four "internal page modes":
album orientation mode, page orientation mode, etc from the Settings Dialogue.
This feature is kinda experimental so please check it out and write back! Cheers!
Great! I snatched up your code and combined it with my customizable page switching areas.

Hey varnie, why don't you add an entry about yourself in README.md? You've done more than enough coding to being in there, too.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #189
bhaak
Groupie

Lightbulb New release 0.2.1!

New release 0.2.1!

https://github.com/bhaak/HackedUpReader/downloads
  • screen refreshing no longer happens in menu
  • workaround for the letter-spacing bug
  • changed some defaults (full page updates are set to 6, default hyphenation is English_US, two-column mode disabled [only matters if you install HackedUpReader for the first time])
  • Varnie's change: alphabetical sorted books dialog
  • Varnie's change: page rotation

The GUI launcher extension included in the bin package has also been updated:
  • New submenu: "Most recently added books"
  • Performance improvements, notably speeding up launching of the KindleLauncher itself
  • Show fb2.zip files in menu
https://github.com/bhaak/HackedUpRea...sion/downloads
Old 08-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #190
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Hi, bhaak.
haha, indeed well, feel free to merge my commit
Old 08-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #191
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank both of you, it works great.

Sorry for be slowpoke, but I don't understand the control setting, seem it does not work for KT, right?

Is there any way to change chapter, go next and previous etc?
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #192
varnie
Connoisseur

here's how it works:
Up-Down page turning means that if you press the upper half of a screen, you would return to the previous page. Pressing the bottom half of a screen would mean the opposite.

Say, if you select an "90 degrees rotate" option, then, obviously, your device will be rotated 90 degrees to the right, and its upper and bottom parts of the screen would now be the right half and left half parts respectively.

Etc.

It's all about X and Y axis, you know

@bhaak
You should slightly update the following chapter from README.txt from the archives to clarify the aspects about launchers:
Quote:
There are 2 different GUI launcher extensions:
- https://github.com/bhaak/HackedUpReaderExtension (builds a Launcher sub menu out of your documents folder for starting HackedUpReader)
- https://github.com/varnie/HackedUpReaderLauncher (directly start HackedUpReader) (not yet compatible with HackedUpReader 0.2.x, replace "/mnt/us/cr3xcb/bin/cr3" in menu.json with "/mnt/us/hackedupreader/bin/cr3")
because I updated that path in my HackedUpReaderLauncher according to the new location of cr3, so it is now "/mnt/us/hackedupreader/bin/cr3".

Last edited by varnie; 08-18-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: grammr
Old 08-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #193
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
What are all the controls for this app. When I goto controls, there are buttons like 1, 2, etc. what do these buttons correspond to in touchscreen?
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #194
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Say, if you select an "90 degrees rotate" option, then, obviously, your device will be rotated 90 degrees to the right, and its upper and bottom parts of the screen would now be the right half and left half parts respectively.
Try this:
From Home, change orientation to landscape, open HUR and see what funny things happen.
1. HUR doesn't occupy all screen and you can still see parts of Home screen.
2. Even you can press Menu button of Home screen and etc.
*3. Pressing on Close Application (item 8) triggers Open book (item 6)... <-- height-wise it user has selected 6!

So in this scenario, user who has enabled landscape from outside, should go to Setting of HUR and change Orientation to landscape, BUT the problem is that because of *3. user can't press Setting, because if [s]he's on page 1 of Setting, clicking > to go to next page changes Font hinting! <--- It was a better idea to enable swipe as a way to go to next/prev page too.

On a more important note, adding support for Perso-Arabic font would be nice.
And by the way, one thing I love about HUR is that for reading books in my mother languages, (where books begin from right to left), prev/next page can be triggered by touching right/left sides of screen! (nice )

Last edited by thatworkshop; 08-18-2012 at 01:14 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #195
varnie
Connoisseur

@cscat
yes I know about this bug. Don't do this.

heck. I should describe the new rotation feature of HUR better.
The trick is that HUR uses its *own* mechanism to change the screen rotation mode (from the HUR settings menu). It has nothing to do with the built-in Amazon rotate screen feature.
So, if you want to change rotation mode for HUR, don't change original Kindle rotation.
Just go to the HUR Settings menu (being in a "normal" Kindle rotation mode) and select the mode you like.

Last edited by varnie; 08-18-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Tags
epub, launcher add-ons