Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 02:34 AM   #136
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But have you adjusted your computer monitor? Sometimes it's not the monitor that's the issue, but the settings. A lot of time they come set to almost full brightness and some of these other settings they have to make the colors pop out at you are not good as all they do it tweak the monitor to make them even brighter.
Yes, I have adjusted it, color scheme and brightness are toned down. Pretty much tried every setting. Of course, the right setting makes a big difference. Still an LCD never reaches the comfort level of e-ink (for me that is) -- unless there is insufficient lighting.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #137
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Yes, I have adjusted it, color scheme and brightness are toned down. Pretty much tried every setting. Of course, the right setting makes a big difference. Still an LCD never reaches the comfort level of e-ink (for me that is) -- unless there is insufficient lighting.
Have you tried making the background gray? I find that the only way to read on my internet tablet is if I make the background a dark gray, and the font bold.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #138
joenunya
Banned
joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Other things you can try if it's a top end display with a good display driver card is. via the display card software, is calibrate the monitor manually specifically adjust the gamma setting or even all three colors independently to take care of any color casts. Then add your ICC profile and readjust as needed. ICC profiles are not all the same either. Because it seems you are in that very sensitive category it might take the extra steps. I know a few folks who have issues with LED monitors but not CCFL backlit displays. In my experience I find far more are sensitive to the CCFL backlit displays over LED displays but there is the odd person sensitive to LED now and then. Last solution for the super sensitive is to go back to a very high end CRT display with a very high refresh rate. 85hz is usually enough to address flicker sensitivity but some need to go to 100Hz or even 200Hz, you just need to experiment. Bonus of using a high end CRT is they rarely need no color calibration.

And yeah the right color scheme can make a difference but generally if a person is super sensitive no color scheme will make a difference. Adjusting the gamma can help over a simple brightness and contrast adjustment but if a user is sensitive to the back-lighting used on that display the only help is to try the other type of LCD display.
joenunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #139
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
I've actually thought about it a bit more and would like a mind interface to my ereader so that it simply knows when to refresh the screen.
I wonder if people would be less eager to use beta software on their devices when that becomes an option.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #140
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
My guess is that the TK4 will have a 7 inch screen to position it against the Color Nook at a lower price. It will be 3G & WiFi. $169

The BK4 will be pretty much the KSO but might come in colors. WiFi only. $114

The kPad will be a larger Color Nook. $359

If I am wrong, my account was hacked & this was posted by someone else.
As I predicted, my account was hijacked!
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
amazon, kindle, tablet, touch