Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
User since December
Edge User

Has anyone figured out a way to make the camera usable again?

or do we resign outselves to taking grainy green pictures?
I just bought a Pocket Edge and I don't know if I should upgrade it to Ermine because of the camera issue.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by User since December View Post
I just bought a Pocket Edge and I don't know if I should upgrade it to Ermine because of the camera issue.
When I upgraded my PE it was directly after purchase, before adding apps or using it. I don't have the green photos I had on the full size EE.

Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by User since December View Post
I've only experienced green pictures on the EE. The PE has been fine.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
paula-t
Edge User

Same reply.

I am prettty sure this is a problem in the Ermine update related to the size of the screen, but not exclusive to Entourage.

Firstly because PE with a smaller size does not have this issue.
Second, because I have read at different Android fora that many people have had the same problem when they updated their Android versions in 9.7" devices. My husband, who owns a FlyTouch2 tablet (10,1" display), showed this to me in a dedicated forum he was readiing. Same issue, green image in still camera in big devices, which only came up after upgrading their Androids, not before.

Mystery....

Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
sjarrel
Edge User

I upgraded to Ermine again (3th time) and now the still pictures are not green anymore. Still stripes and squares I don't want to see, but not green. So every time we upgrade the camera works different. It gives hope for the final Ermine when (not if) we get it.

Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
Qwill
Edge User

Hmmm, you're mentioning an interesting point sjarrel. Is there some work on progress on the Ermine update that are unannounced ?
I wonder if it's possible to check if the version number (or something equivalent) of the upgrade is the same or not ...

Old 04-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #7
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwill View Post
I wonder if it's possible to check if the version number (or something equivalent) of the upgrade is the same or not ...
Mine is Android 2.2.1 with Ermine 0.9.
I believe it's the same as before.