Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 02:36 AM   #1
ST889
ST889 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is there button to scroll left/right in browser?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you have found a way of scrolling left and right when in the browser. By this I mean, when you are zoomed into a page to an acceptable reading size, when you press the left/right cursor buttons, it scrolls but only to the next link, so to go to the left/right hand side of the page can take up to 5 clicks before you see the page move left/right.

Is there a button, like page up/page down, that scrolls a page left/right?

Does that make sense?
ST889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:35 AM   #2
alpine
alpine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
just keep hitting the left/right buttons when it gets to the edge, it then scrolls.
alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 05:48 AM   #3
ST889
ST889 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine View Post
just keep hitting the left/right buttons when it gets to the edge, it then scrolls.
Yep, I know that but as I said, if there's a lot of links then it takes 4/5 clicks before it starts scrolling as it stops at every link first.

The same for scrolling down using the up/down buttons but you can also scroll up and down using page back/forward and that doesn't stop at the links. I was hoping there's a button that scrolls left and right.
ST889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST889 View Post
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you have found a way of scrolling left and right when in the browser. By this I mean, when you are zoomed into a page to an acceptable reading size, when you press the left/right cursor buttons, it scrolls but only to the next link, so to go to the left/right hand side of the page can take up to 5 clicks before you see the page move left/right.

Is there a button, like page up/page down, that scrolls a page left/right?

Does that make sense?
ALT+J (or ALT, J) scrolls right; ALT+H (or ALT, H) scrolls left.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote