Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-05-2016, 02:34 PM   #1
lcutler
lcutler began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone 5S
Calibre/Mac El Capitain

Not sure anyone can help. I have a new MacBook. I am moving from a PC. I have calibre installed and there are books in there. I am lost on how to get the books moved to iBooks (i used to use iTunes but that's no longer an option, I'm told). I think I have the plug ins up and running. iTunes recognizes the iPhone installed but it doesn't have any kind of send to device in Calibre. I've unplugged and closed down and then rebooted. I can't be the only person with this yet I can't seem to find a solution. Unless i am not articulating my actual issue well enough.

Any help you have would be appreciated.
lcutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:35 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Does this help at all?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118559

Personally, I mostly use Calibre for organising my library and putting books on my Kobo. When I want a book in iBooks on my iPad (eg cookbooks), I just shove the epub into iBooks on my Mac (drag and drop), then tick the appropriate box in iTunes on my Mac so that the book syncs to the iPad. (iTunes > iPad > Books > Sync Books > Selected Books > appropriate tickybox.)

Or you could put it in Dropbox or email it to yourself...
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, el capitan, mac