Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 11:32 PM   #46
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I wear the most accurate watch available:

Someone tried to sell me a "LATER" watch, and I was going to buy it, but then I decided I'd buy the "NOW" watch now and then buy the "LATER" one later. It's amazing how little gets done NOW when I can keep putting it off until LATER.

Cheers,
Marc (You say "lazy" like it's a bad thing).
I looked at the complete line of watches they produce. In addition to the "NOW" and "LATER" that you mentioned, they also have "SOON", "THEN", and "WHENEVER". I did turn one over and on the back were the words "Don't Panic" in a friendly typeface.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:49 PM   #47
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Is it a bracelet, or is there a timepiece cleverly concealed on it?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #48
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Is it a bracelet, or is there a timepiece cleverly concealed on it?
No, no timepiece underneath. That doesn't make it a bracelet though - it's just an extraordinarily accurate watch.

Cheers,
Marc (Here and now...probably)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:33 AM   #49
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
No, no timepiece underneath. That doesn't make it a bracelet though - it's just an extraordinarily accurate watch.

Cheers,
Marc (Here and now...probably)
which can never tell the time....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:52 AM   #50
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
which can never tell the time....
"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly-so" (Douglas Adams)

Cheers, from the bottom of a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #51
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I found one I quite like. Although it actually tells time in addition to telling you that the time is "now."

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #52
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Shouldn't it say 'THEN'?
By the time the photons have reached your eyeball, and your brain has processed the information the watch's 'Now' will have passed.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #53
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
But since all sense is basically our brain's interpretation, reality only occurs within our own mind. The watche's "now" is irrelevant to our own since of Now. Nor do we truly exist "in the moment". Every sensation is compared to past memories. Cognition is recognition, and it's this internal comparison between sensory input and recollection that gives us a sense of "moving through" time.

Hey it's 2:01pm Saturday. Drunk posting is allowed, right?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #54
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I found one I quite like. Although it actually tells time in addition to telling you that the time is "now."

Now that one I do like, though it would be better without the "NOW"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
But since all sense is basically our brain's interpretation, reality only occurs within our own mind. The watche's "now" is irrelevant to our own since of Now. Nor do we truly exist "in the moment". Every sensation is compared to past memories. Cognition is recognition, and it's this internal comparison between sensory input and recollection that gives us a sense of "moving through" time.

Drunk posting or not, "NOW" must be very hard to interpret; lasting a time infinitely shorter than a mere thought....
Old 08-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #55
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:

Of course it is allowed. So is posting after sex. Now a post-posting cigarette may be a horse of a different color. (Green for menthol, red for regular, tan/gold for light.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #56
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:

Drunk posting is always allowed. We actually got some RAIN today ... so I may make myself a Blueberry Martini.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:55 PM   #57
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
drunk posting is actively encouraged, in fact. i'll let you decide for yourselves concerning the post-posting cigarettes, you're all adults.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:58 PM   #58
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I couldn't find a picture of my favorite watch, given to me by my mother for Christmas about 20 years ago. It was an LCD display and had different astronomical objects for hour and minute indicators and a little star that moved around for the second hand, I think. Sadly, I left it in the pocket of a pair of pants that then went through the laundry, and it was no more.

I suppose this might make an adequate substitute:

nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:55 AM   #59
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
drunk posting is actively encouraged, in fact. i'll let you decide for yourselves concerning the post-posting cigarettes, you're all adults.
mmmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I couldn't find a picture of my favorite watch, given to me by my mother for Christmas about 20 years ago. It was an LCD display and had different astronomical objects for hour and minute indicators and a little star that moved around for the second hand, I think. Sadly, I left it in the pocket of a pair of pants that then went through the laundry, and it was no more.

I suppose this might make an adequate substitute:

Yes I could live with that one....
Old 08-17-2008, 02:37 AM   #60
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
How about this one?

See the video here:

http://www.urwerk.com/watches_202_themovie.asp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	watch.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	15291  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags