Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #21226
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Hop slam in my hand. Lucas is sleeping, Hubby is making bacon and sausage for pizza, and the weekend is here. Life is good.
Yuo are going to have to explain what a 'hop slam' is to us non-initiates.

Coffee in my cup, on a decidedly less warm day. Summer is over (what little we had...).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #21227
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Yuo are going to have to explain what a 'hop slam' is to us non-initiates.

Coffee in my cup, on a decidedly less warm day. Summer is over (what little we had...).
Google says its a fancy pants beer.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #21228
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Point is a yummy, fancy pants beer that is released once a year in limited quantities. My task every year is to find a way to get as many six packs as possible because most stores only allow you to buy one six pack. This year my hubby bought three six packs and saved two for me for after the baby was born. I have been slowly drinking them. Good stuff.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #21229
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be

Monday Monday, can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how yould cou leave and not take me.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aBnkcTOZcQ )

Good morning, everyone! Happy New Week!
This morning begins with a mug (or two) of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea, a small bowl of rice and some kimchee to flavor it. Just a slice of chicken breast to add some chewability to it! Late wake-up today as yesterday was pretty draining. I rode north to the Sea of Japan to spend the day with my wife who was staying up there. Yesterday was a special festival in the town named 'Obama' (no relation, but...) and despite the temps reaching 39 degrees (102f) and blinding sun, the turnout was huge! Thousands of people from all over central Japan came to watch... and sweat. I met people who drove 5 hours just to get there. Heck, I rode more than three myself, but I was motivated by seeing my wife too. I took a gazillion pictures but I doubt I'll be able to use many. When the sun is that strong and the shadows that black, it's rough to get anything really good without a lot of special equipment that I was too lazy to bring. I just took snapshots. The parade of floats was beautiful, and the sounds of drums and flutes almost deafening (I had to turn off my hearing aids and it was still too loud!) and everyone seemed to be having a good time. You can not believe how many photographers were there to shoot the festival... Japan? Cameras? Come on.... And it's fun to note that all over Obama town there were these flags on poles that read... well... read it for yourself below... MODs... this is NOT for political discussion, only cross-cultural expression of one Japanese village....

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Obama1.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	92479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Obama2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	92480   Click image for larger version

Name:	Obama3.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	92481  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:55 AM   #21230
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Thanks for the pics, Stitchy. Please keep them coming.

Coffee in my cup (to get rid of the taste of my Slimfast shake), and Canadian Sentennial cherries in my bowl.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #21231
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Tonic and lemon, had to get it myself as DH is away for a week. Looking forward to week where I can eat and sleep when I like, get lots of sewing done and generally do what I want when I want. I'll be glad to see him back though, a week is long enough.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #21232
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A week is far too long but sometimes necessary.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #21233
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Sweet iced tea.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #21234
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I'm gone for a week myself, and my DW and I both think it's just a bit too long. The first day, a sense of freedom and joy. The second and third days, a bit of kick back, eat what YOU want, etc. But by the fourth and fifth days? Definitely starting to wish we were back together. And after that, it's just too long.

About to go off to spend a day working on a bit of exam prep. This is a one-day gig, since my schedule is distorted this week and the opportunity aligned itself. I'll stay here in Redmond and move over to my "day job" tomorrow. And be here all the rest of the week.

Tea with me this week? I brought Keemun Xian Zhen (new season) and Song Zhon Dan Chong, an Oolong. And I'll probably run by the Peet's store and see about getting another tin of Anniversary Breakfast Blend if they aren't out of it yet. But now, time to check in to the gig and get some breakfast.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #21235
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Salted caramel mocha with a blueberry muffin. Lucas is at day care and I cannot believe that it was been 12 weeks sine he was born. This is my last week of maternity leave. Yikes
Old 09-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #21236
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Keemun Xian Zhen #4. Sleep tonight may be a problem. But I love this tea.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #21237
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And loud, long and shrill he blew, 'til his steed was by his side,
High overhead the grey hawk flew, and swiftly he did ride,
Saying "Course well, me brindled hound, and fetch me the jet black mare!
Stoop and strike, me good grey hawk, and bring me the maiden fair!"

She said "Pray sheathe thy silvery sword. Lay down thy rowan shield,
For I see by the briny blood that flows you've been wounded in the field."
And she stood in a gown of the velvet blue, bound 'round with a silver
chain.
And she's kissed his pale lips once and twice, and three times 'round
again.

And she's bound his wounds with the goldenrod, full fast in her arms he
lay,
And he has risen hale and sound with the sun high in the day.
She said "Ride with your brindled hounds at heel, and your good grey hawk
in hand,
There's none can harm the knight who's lain with the Witch of the
Westmoreland."

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxls6...=results_video )

Wow! I dreamed this song last night in full color! Wonderful feeling!

Good morning, all! Tuesday promises severe thunderstorms so I need to get myself somewhere underground where I can take my walk today. Plenty of choices... Osaka has miles and miles of underground shopping arcades. But first a mug of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea, a little rice and a few olives to start the day. My wife came home early yesterday morning so before lunch we went for a 5k walk around our neighborhood but it was so hot, we had to stop twice to re-water!

Stitchawl
Old 09-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #21238
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Yikes. The weather has been great here. We have had the windows open for close to a week.

Pu-erh in my cup.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #21239
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Yikes. The weather has been great here. We have had the windows open for close to a week.

Pu-erh in my cup.

I figure we have at least another two weeks of needing the air/con before the weather cools enough to just open up the house. It's 88F right now...

Stitchawl
Old 09-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #21240
CRussel
(he/him/his)

The weather here has been nearly perfect. Highs in the low to mid 20's, no A/C required. And overnight lows at approximately 9-10 degrees. Cool, perfect for sleeping. No sign of rain at all, and none on the forecast for the rest of the week.

In my cup: a Phoenix Mountain Oolong that they had at the Starbucks. Actually quite respectable.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?