Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
brendan5821
brendan5821 began at the beginning.

Device: nool
Exclamation NOOK SCREEN PROBLEMS(HELP PLEASE!!!!)

I pulled my nook out the other day and i came across a problem, the screen. i pressed the power button and now it often saves the last image over the picture. ex:i have an edgar allan po screensaver and when i turned it on his face was over the backround. any help?
brendan5821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Brenden.

Hopefully someone nook-knowledgeable will post soon with an answer...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Have you tried doing the hard reboot? You hold the power button down for 20 seconds and it will do a restart. What about if you turned the power off over night? Does this help, or does the problem come back?

I'm not that tech savvy, so if these don't help, I'd take it back or at least call.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
brendan5821

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
Have you tried doing the hard reboot? You hold the power button down for 20 seconds and it will do a restart. What about if you turned the power off over night? Does this help, or does the problem come back?

I'm not that tech savvy, so if these don't help, I'd take it back or at least call.
yeah i tries that it works up until the screen with stripes(if you know what im talking about) i'll see about calling
Old 01-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
lillys7
lillys7 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I just opened up my nook after not using for awhile and have the same exact issue. Did you find out what was wrong with it and how to fix it?
lillys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
If the Poe screensaver is one you set yourself (as opposed to the default), you might try setting the screensaver back to the default and see if that fixes it.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #7
brendan5821

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillys7 View Post
I just opened up my nook after not using for awhile and have the same exact issue. Did you find out what was wrong with it and how to fix it?
no it sucks bad!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #8
JMyers
Enthusiast
JMyers began at the beginning.

Device: classic nook
I would try first removing that particular screensaver and see what happens. If the problem continues I would be calling tech support.
JMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #9
lillys7
lillys7 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
OK...so my fiance called B&N... They sent me a new Nook! Now I have to just hope it doesn't happen again. I figured you may want ot know in case anyone has the same issue!
lillys7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help needed, nook, problems, screen